RICHIE'S PAINTING

BECKY POV
3 YEARS AGO

Both Freen and I remained silent during the journey. I suddenly felt shy around her, especially with my brother Richie around. I was sure he would tease me if he saw me having a decent conversation with Freen.

"Anyway, sis and Freen? Let's head straight home so we can eat together with Freeya."

Freen just smiled at Richie and glanced at me.

"Are you staying at your brother's house, Becky?"

"Ahhh- huh?"

"Ahhh- No, she's not staying at my house, Freen. She has her own house that our mom had built here in the Philippines, so she doesn't need to stay at my place."

I glared at Richie as he said that. It's so annoying! Why doesn't he want me to stay at his house?

"Wow! You're already secured, Becky. You have your own house."

I forced a smile at Freen, and I noticed that Richie has been grinning at me like a fool.

"I could stay at your house for a few days, right, Richie?"

"No! You have your own house, okay?"

"What's the big deal?"

"What's the point of having your own house if you're still going to stay with me?"

He was right, of course. But I still wanted to spend a few days at his house with Freen.

"But, Freen, you can stay at my house anytime you want."

My eyes widened at what Richie said. Why is it okay for Freen to stay at his house but not for me?

"Really, Richie? But it would be nice if Becky could stay with us at your house."

I couldn't help but smile at what Freen said. she wants me to stay with her? Uhmmmm...

"Ahmmmf! You can just stay with her at her house if you want?"

My brother said, winking at me. He's acting like a fool, seriously.

"Right, sis? It's okay with you if Freen stays at your house?"

I looked at Freen and smiled.

"If it's okay with her, why not? The question is, is it okay with Freen to stay at my house?"

She immediately nodded, and I secretly grinned while my brother just stared at me like a fool in the car's rearview mirror.

After the journey, we finally arrived at my brother's house. Thankfully, I was tired from the trip and needed some rest.

As I got out of the car, I offered my arm to help Freen down.

"Thank you, Becky."

I smiled at her and also took her bag since my bag was with Richie.

"Are you okay?"

"Uhmmm, I'm fine."

Before we could enter the gate, a woman who looked exactly like Freen approached us. They looked like identical twins. I glanced at Freen and then at her sister.

Their facial features, body shape, and even their skin and hair were the same.

It was scary because my brother might mistake Freen for her twin, Freeya.

What about me?

She immediately approached me and kissed Freen on the lips.

"How's your flight? Are you okay?"