CELEBRATING THEIR ENGAGEMENT

BECKY POV

Today is the engagement party of my brother and sister, Freeya. I'm excited for tonight, but I feel sad because I'm not sure if Freen will be able to attend due to her current condition.

Freen: "By the way, Beck, what time are you leaving later?"

I sighed deeply upon hearing her question. I don't want to leave her behind, but my brother needs me. And I also thought that maybe Freen won't be able to come.

"I'll be going in the afternoon to the venue because the engagement party of my brother and sister will be held in the evening."

After answering her, I held her hand and placed it on my chest.

"Did you feel that?"

She looked at me with curiosity.

Freen: "Yes, why?"

"I hope that when you undergo the operation and it's successful, I'll be able to hear the strong beating of your heart."

I smiled at her.

Freen: "By the way, what did the doctor say?"

I didn't want to tell her the truth, but I think she needs to know what the doctor said.

"Ahmmf! The doctor said that you need a donor for the operation to be performed as soon as possible."

I saw the sadness on her face after I spoke.

Freen: "Do you think they will find a donor before the operation, beck?"

"I don't know, Freen, but... let's not lose hope because we will find a donor to replace your heart."

Freen: "I hope so, Becky."

Freen and I spent the whole afternoon together, and I was happy to be with her. I didn't know what I was feeling for her, but one thing I knew for sure was that I love her and I am happy when I'm with her.

Freen: "By the way, Beck, if ever I undergo the operation, I hope that when I wake up, you'll be by my side."

I smiled at her and hugged her.

"Of course?"

Around 4pm, my brother and sister, Freeya, arrived at the hospital. They said they would take turns watching over Freen while their makeup artist prepared me. The rest of the family will visit her later at the hospital. But as I was getting my makeup done, I couldn't understand the feeling I had. I was nervous, and my heart felt like it was about to explode from anxiety.

Rica: "Are you okay, Miss Becky?"

I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled at Rica.

"I'm okay."

Rica: "You look beautiful, Miss Becky. You look even more stunning in your gown and makeup."

I carefully observed my face in the mirror, and I couldn't help but smile. I really resemble my brother, Richie, if only he had long hair.

Rica: "You're all set, Miss Becky. You can rest and wait now because the party will start soon."

I stood up and walked out of the studio. I wanted to visit Freen at the hospital, but unfortunately, I couldn't be with her. I returned to the hospital, and my brother and Freeya were surprised to see me. Freen was also staring at me, not saying a word.

"Am I beautiful?"

I tried to act cute in front of my brother and they just laughed at me.

Freeya: "You look gorgeous, Becky. Your beauty shines even more with makeup."