| 19 |

11 year old Yeonjun quietly hid behind the bush, not wanting to make any sound. The last thing he wanted to do was get caught. He took a small glance at bag which hung from his shoulder. Thank god it was still there. 

Despite being young, Yeonjun held on to certain strong morals. One of them being, leading an honest life. But living an honest life wasn't going to fill his stomach. He wanted to work, he was willing to work but no one was going to give an orphan child a job. He hadn't even manifested into one of the genders yet. 

Yeonjun was just about to hop over to his next hiding spot when he heard certain voices from the main road. Yeonjun instantly went back to his original spot. Crimes for stealing bread weren't severe. Officially, that is. But he knew that if he was caught by the baker, he probably wouldn't be able to walk for the next few days. 

Yeonjun grabbed his stomach. The last thing he wanted was the people on the road to hear his stomach growling from his growing hunger. 

"...we can't meet like this" a female voice said.

"please, give me a chance." a male voice replied. 

Yeonjun turned ever so slightly to peep at the two people talking all alone in this deserted part of the town. He saw young woman, dressed in messy, torn clothes. She had extremely long and bushy auburn hair. Yeonjun immediately knew that she wasn't from here. He had heard that people from Livia were known for their lush auburn hair. The young man, on the other hand, was a finely dressed man, with black hair and features which made Yeonjun immediately realize that he was either from Dominia or from Asteriaus. Yeonjun was just a young boy but he could easily see the class difference between them. 

"Why do you not see it, Minjun? I can clearly see it, the difference between us, I don't deserve you."

Yeonjun watched as the guy named Minjun walked closer to her and held her hands. 

"Julia, I love you. None of my riches mean anything to me if you're not here with me." 

Julia started tearing up. "Do you even understand what you're saying? We're going to live an entire life in hiding. Days without food, years without the luxury. You're willing to do all that just for me?"

Minjun smiled. "Obviously. I'm happiest with you."

Yeonjun turned his head when he saw the both of them leaning in for a kiss. He looked at the starry sky. He didn't understand it. Why would this man give all those riches and luxuries just to be with one person?

Yeonjun would never do that.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"Yeonjun?" said Beomgyu, annoyance laced in his voice. First of all, he was telling both Soobin and Yeonjun something important and this man had the audacity to zone out. 

Yeonjun blinked, snapped out of his daze. Somewhere in their conversation, Beomgyu and Soobin had begun talking about diplomatic relations between different kingdoms. Obviously not Yeonjun's field of expertise, he zoned out and found himself reminiscing an old memory. 

Yeonjun slightly shook his head. He still agreed with his 11 year old self. Giving up everything for love? That's stupid. You can't survive in this world with just love. It was just a naïve thought. 

"Sorry" murmured Yeonjun. 

"I'd appreciate it if you listened to me when I'm saying something important. Just because you are the crown prince, doesn't mean I'm going to treat you like one."

"Beomgyu..." said Soobin, stern. 

Beomgyu rolled his eyes and said, "Anyways, no matter whatever the changes happening, we are unable to delay the arrival of the Prince Taehyun. They are extremely desperate for this alliance so the king says we should just go ahead with it. The king says we're extremely lucky to have a diplomatic marriage alliance with an omega. It hasn't happened in Dominia for years."

Yeonjun started at Beomgyu, blank. Just like his entire life course, even his life partner was being decided by this wretched kingdom. 

"So I need to get bonded with him?" said Yeonjun. 

"Precisely. I'm sure you know but it's going to be a public ceremony...you haven't been bonded yet, right?"

Yeonjun almost scoffed out loud but held it in. Bonding? Yeonjun barely made it by everyday, they really thought he had the luxury to bond with someone. He's slept with rich women for money, but he never did anything reckless like bonding. 

Yeonjun merely shook his head. 

"Okay, that's great. I think that's all." Beomgyu got up from his seat and cast a glance at Soobin. "You can start his training, Soobin."

Soobin looked at Beomgyu and gave him a smile which didn't reach his eyes. "Sure."

and Beomgyu left, leaving only Yeonjun and Soobin alone in the room. 

An uncomfortable silence settled down between them. 

Yeonjun could smell the internal turmoil that Soobin was going through. It was really strong. So many complicated emotions that Yeonjun couldn't put a pin on. 

"Um..." started Yeonjun. "You might want to...control those."

Yeonjun pointed at air near Soobin. 

Soobin frowned and looked around him. What was this guy talking about?

"Control what?"

"Your pheromones."

Soobin frowned even more. But he was consciously controlling it. He had read a book on how to do it. 

Yeonjun sighed. He decided to release some of pheromones. Soobin immediately covered his nose. "What are you doing?!"

"These are just regular pheromones. The one everyone knows about. Excessive amounts of this can cause omegas to go into heat. And it also helps calm them down, during peaks of their heat. This is the type of pheromones that omegas are the most afraid of. And the pheromones that are incredibly repulsed by."

"Then why are you releasing th--"

Yeonjun closed his eyes, trying to search for a very prominent emotion in him. Slowly, he could feel the emotion coming out of him. 

Soobin titled his head. He could...smell confusion. Smell confusion?

"What is this?"

"These are pheromones that get released due to certain emotions. It's naturally suppressed within an alpha, unless they are experiencing strong emotions. But for an omega, these are more noticeable."

"I've never gotten them from mom."

"The queen has lived as an omega her entire life. She's used to covering them up. A noble woman of her nature would never let her emotions slip out through her pheromones. You've only recently...become an omega."

"Okay but why are you telling me this?"

Yeonjun shook his head and got up from this table. 

"It's cause I can smell your hatred...from miles away."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was more of a filler update but let me know your thoughts on this :) 

Keep reading, commenting and voting 

Love, 

Pixiedust ^^