| 00 |

Soobin looked around confused as to why he was suddenly summoned to the throne room. It wasn't like he wasn't allowed to enter there but there was just no reason for him to enter the room unless it was for an official purpose.

So for his dad to call him to the room without any prior notice was something new for sure.

He knocked politely on the door and waited for a reply. An etiquette he had learned during his training classes as a prince. He never really enjoyed or liked those classes but was well aware from a young age that he didn't have much of a choice.

"Come in" He heard his father say and the door opened. The throne room was extravagant, to say the least. The walk to the throne itself seemed to be so long not to mention the amount of authority the throne seemed to possess. Soobin was slightly apprehensive about the fact that he was the one to sit there next.

Soobin bowed slightly once he made it in front of his father. "You called for me?"

"Yes, Soobin. It's for a very important matter."

Soobin tilted his head. "what is it for?"

"It's your secondary gender results."

Soobin's eyes widened as the realisation of the situation dawned on him. The secondary gender.

Soobin looked at his dad nervously. He had done the test for the secondary gender at the academy earlier but he had completely forgotten about it.

"Congratulations son, you're an alpha."

---------------------

Yeonjun flinched yet again as they threw another tomato at him.

"Is this how you work huh? We're not paying you to make such crap and serve it to the customers." yelled his boss, spittle flying everywhere.

Yeonjun wanted to open his mouth and tell her that it wasn't him. It was her stupid son that made the dish but of course, nothing would happen if he said that. She would just tell him he's lying since her so-called perfect son is incapable of making mistakes.

She whacked his head and said, "Get out of here and don't come back, you wretch. Can't believe they say you're an alpha, are you sure you're not a lousy beta or something?"

Yeonjun looked at the ground and kept his mouth shut. Why do people always bring up his secondary gender? It wasn't like him being an alpha had anything to do with his IQ or competency.

The only thing an alpha had was looks.

Yeonjun walked away, his mood shitty.

Alpha, beta and omega. Secondary gender. At the age of 13 in most schools, a test is taken to determine your secondary gender. Around 80% of the population consists of beta and around 19% alphas.

Yes, it was true. Omegas constituted only 1% of the entire population. In earlier times, omegas used to be present in a higher percentage. Around 9%. however, in recent years, their population has declined so much that whether or not omegas are present is a mystery.

The only omega Yeonjun knows is the queen. But that was a given. Of course, the royal family will hand down the throne only if the heir was an alpha and the alpha was allowed to marry only an omega. And their bonding or getting marked was supposed to be a public ceremony.

In the olden time, people used to consider the entire concept of having secondary genders as romantic. How romantic to find your destined one and get paired with them for the rest of your lives. The ideal sounded beautiful but the reality was quite different. This omega-verse was bull-shit. It was just an excuse for alphas to rape omegas and conveniently blame it on the omegas saying that it was the omega who seduced them and what was worse was that people got away with it.