| 11 |

Soobin's heartbeat picked up the pace. He was sure to get an earful from everyone if they found out that Soobin had sneaked out of his room. And to make matters even worse, the alpha was present here. 

Soobin sighed. There was no use running away, if he did so, Beomgyu would issue a security breach order and the servants and guards would have to work like crazy in order to find the intruder only to turn up empty-handed. 

"Who the fck are you?" 

Soobin smiled sheepishly as he removed his mask and gave Beomgyu a noted look. "Hey, there. Aahaha, I was just walking and stumbled across the stables, you know. What a nice day to take a walk. Why don't we just leave the alpha there and have a nice little walk around the forest?"

Soobin slightly peeped into the stables once again and noticed that the Alpha was staring right at him. Their eyes locked for a second and Soobin could see the alpha recognized him in that instant. Soobin looked away. 

Beomgyu looked at Soobin, horrified. "What are you doing here? ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?" 

Soobin flinched slightly. Well, of course, Beomgyu was going to be angry. 

"HAVE YOU LOST IT? You're supposed to be resting! And coming here out of all places, why the fck would you come anywhere near the alpha who assaulted you? Soobin, what do you mean by all this? Do you have no sense of awareness? Are you cra--"

A rustle was heard from inside the stables and both Soobin and Beomgyu turned to the source of sound in an instant. There was nothing in there except for the horses and the dried grass. Soobin and Beomgyu exchanged glances. 

Fck, the alpha had escaped. 

------------------------------ 

Yeonjun ran. 

Well, of course, he did. While the crown prince was getting an entire ass lecture from his cousin, his existence seemed to have been forgotten and anyone in their right mind would've used the change to escape. 

What Yeonjun would do after he ran away from there, he had no idea. All he knew was that had been in the stable for a second longer, he might've lost a limb. 

Yeonjun ran and ran. The palace was known to have an extensive forest area surrounding it (the one Yeonjun had trouble navigating through when he first came in here). This forest was a preventive measure for intruders (ahem, Yeonjun) as navigating through the forest without a map was like finding a needle in a haystack. If luck permits it, maybe he'd make it out of here. Maybe he'd find the exit. 

Yeonjun stopped to grab his breath. His thoughts running at miles per hour. Actually, Yeonjun gets why Beomgyu was mad at the crown prince. Why would the crown prince even come to visit the alpha who assaulted him? Clearly, the punishment and torture were left to Beomgyu who seemed to excel in the art of both mental and physical torture.

Still gasping for breath, Yeonjun slumped down onto the ground. His body was still full of all the medicines that had been administered to him. In all honesty, Yeonjun was not in a condition to run. He barely had the strength to walk anymore. 

Yeonjun shook his head and got up, no matter how painful it was for him. He wasn't going to stay here. If he stayed here, he would be tortured, forced to speak, and finally be thrown into prison where his life in hell would officially begin. It was obvious that after Yeonjun opened his mouth about what he was doing in the palace and gave Beomgyu all the details they needed, there was no use for Yeonjun. 

Yeonjun ran aimlessly a bit more. He can find the exit. He can do it. There has to be that wall that Yeonjun climbed over. The wall without electrical fences. 

The more Yeonjun ran, the more he could feel his body giving up on him. It just simply didn't have the energy to carry him anymore. Yeonjun's mouth felt dry as his stomach lurched. He wanted to throw up but nothing came out. No, he couldn't give up like this. He wasn't dead yet, he could make it out. Before the guards collected him again. 

Yeonjun could take only two more steps before he felt his consciousness slipping. 

Maybe this was really the end for him. 

------------------------------------- 

The boy pulled his hoodie down, finally taking a breather. He ran his hand through his hair. It was too long for his liking. It was high time he got a haircut. 

The boy walked over to his front porch to see a basket with fruits and bread placed on his doorstep. A small smile washed over his face as he picked up the basket and entered his home, albeit shabby. 

He hadn't been home for a long time. Oh, how he missed the warmth of his home. Having not received any warmth from other humans, it was only places and objects that gave him warmth at this point. 

All this while he had to stake out near the palace, in order to observe how officials, non-officials, and some awfully suspicious people enter and exit the palace. He even worked at the palace for some time to figure out the internal workings of the palace. He wasn't called the best at his job for nothing. 

He opened the fruit basket and took a bit out of the bread. He dug a bit deeper and found a pouch of coins. He opened it and counted it. 10 coins extra. How generous. 

The boy slumped down onto his couch as he continued munching on the bread. It was supposed to be a flawless plan. He had worked for months in order to perfect this plan considering the high-risk factor. He had even charged higher than he usually did but yet he had this feeling of uneasiness in him. 

All because of the random man who he stumbled across that night. According to his calculations, no one should've been present that night. No one. But yet, this man had managed to be there and that had completely thrown him off guard. 

Well, ultimately he did mix the given vial and had it inconspicuously delivered to the crown prince but still, who was that man?

The boy looked in the direction of the palace from his window. If he wasn't wrong and if things had gone right, the palace would be in an uproar right now. 

Why?

Because their beloved alpha crown prince had been turned into an omega within one night. Just one night and he had successfully ruined the crown prince's life. 

Just as the commission asked him to. 

------------------------------------------------------- 

More or less a filler update but also revealed a bit about the recent changes :) 

Keep reading, commenting and voting 

Love, 

Pixiedust ^^