| 17 |

It was a far-fetched idea but Yeonjun wondered. He wondered if there was some sort of god out there, which had the power to absorb people's bad luck and then dump it on people. And Yeonjun wondered if he had done something to even anger such a god. Cause it seemed to Yeonjun, that all the bad luck was being dumped onto him. And no, it wasn't an exaggeration, he meant it. 

Yeonjun was suppose to flee Dominia NOT become the fucking crown prince of the place. Yeonjun had to so many questions in his mind but in the completely silent courtroom, Yeonjun didn't have to guts to voice it out. A part of him wanted to even chase after Soobin but there was a 99% chance that Soobin might lash out of him and for some reason, Yeonjun disliked that idea more than being in this suffocating atmosphere. He didn't even have to look at Beomgyu. Yeonjun could feel the anger and repulse emanating from him. 

"I think that's it, court is dismissed. You will be presented as Dominia's crown prince in the next 4 months. Although, it could never compare to Soobin's lifetime of studying, we hope you shall not embarrass us as a nation." said the queen. 

Yeonjun wanted to fling something at her. How could she just say that so nonchalantly? So casually, she dismissed Soobin's years, lifetime worth of studying. It made Yeonjun sick to the stomach. 

Yeonjun had his head bowed down as the king and queen left the courtroom, along with their guards. And it took Yeonjun a good minute to realize that it was only him and Beomgyu alone in the room. 

Yeonjun sort of braced himself. For some sort of attack or violence but much to his surprise, none of that came. Beomgyu stood there for a long, long time, completely silent. 

When he finally spoke, it startled Yeonjun a bit, due to the loud echo in the courtroom. 

"Are you happy now that you got what you wanted?" said Beomgyu, his voice emotional. "I don't know what Soobin has ever done to you for you to want to go to these lengths. You've ruined a royal's life for your selfish needs, I hope your happy with that. I thought all humans had some sort of empathy for each other within them. I'm glad I was proven wrong. I've never seen a more selfish man in my entire life. You could've asked for ANYTHING, ANYTHING and I would've given it to you. You want money? Fame? Power? Love? Anything, I would've sacrificed myself to give it you. But you fucking thief, you stole a dream. A person's lifelong dream, that's what you stole and I hope you realize that. Even if you become Dominia's greatest king, I will never ever serve you. I'd rather be executed than serve a scum like you."

And Beomgyu stormed out of the room, leaving Yeonjun all alone in a silence that felt heavier than anything Yeonjun could think of. 

He knew he was being misunderstood. Yeonjun felt so lonely, so alone. In this entire castle, there was not a single soul who would listen to his side of the story and believe him. Usurp the crown prince? Why did these people not stop to think that Yeonjun didn't have it in him to do that. Yeonjun was a selfish man, so far he had lived his life only for himself, but not in the way Beomgyu had described him to be. Beomgyu's anger and pain was justified, there was no denying that but those words hurt Yeonjun so, so much cause it was not true. Those words just made him realize what his life had come to. He lost his freedom, the only thing he had with him. 

After a long time, Yeonjun burst into tears. Not silent sobs, but he let out a loud heart-wrenching cry cause it hurt. Everything around him hurt. His body hurt, his mind hurt but his heart hurt the most. Yeonjun cried even louder when he realized that even his sobs would be perceived as an act, a way to gain sympathy. Oh, how much it hurt. He was all alone in this huge palace. Misunderstood, not given a chance to explain. His throat felt chained. He wished he silently die but deep down he know what a pointless wish that was. 

Without realizing, Yeonjun fell asleep then and there, his eyes swollen incapable of producing tears but his heart was still bleeding. 

---------------------------------------------------------- 

Soobin walked into his room and gently shut the door. 

It was rule number 47 in his royal etiquette book. It was the first book Soobin's dad had gifted him at the age of 4 and something Soobin had religiously studied since. Soobin walked over to his bookshelf and gently took the book. 

His hands gently grazed through the pages. Ah, he must give this away now. Yeonjun probably needed it more than Soobin anyways. Soobin put it on his bed and went back to his bookshelf. Without even realizing, Soobin was taking out more and more book and putting it on his bed. History of Dominia - Part I, History of Dominia- Part II, A Guide To Ballroom Etiquette and so on. 

Soobin paused, realizing he had practically emptied out his entire bookshelf onto his bed. Soobin lifted his hand to his cheek. Huh? A tear? Why was Soobin crying? He couldn't understand it himself. There was nothing to cry over. Someone else had just taken his role, no problem. Because Soobin was selfless and kind and understanding as a crown prince is supposed to be. 

Soobin stopped. Oh. But he wasn't the crown prince anymore. Soobin slumped down onto the ground. No, he was still going to behave nicely. Because Soobin was selfless and kind and understanding as a crown--- 

Soobin buried his head in his hand, this time unable to stop the tears. He didn't want to cry. He was no child, he was an adult and he shouldn't be crying just because someone got his role. Because Soobin was selfless and kind and understanding--- 

The tears just wouldn't stop. Soobin couldn't think of a way to get it to stop. He hadn't read anything like that in the books. His mind flashed to Yeonjun and Soobin's tears intensified. 

He shook his head. He mumbled, "Because Soobin is selfless and kind and...and..." 

The words were caught up in Soobin's throat. What was he supposed to say? He wasn't the crown prince anymore, so why should he be kind, selfless and understanding? He didn't have his role snatched away, he had his dream snatched away. 

Yeonjun didn't spend his entire life chained in the castle, doing nothing but studying and reading and sparring. Yeonjun was a just a mere peasant. How could a mere peasant like Yeonjun, snatch Soobin's dream?

Soobin began letting out loud gasps, unable to breathe. He was hyperventilating but he didn't know how to calm down. 

Stuff like this wasn't mentioned in his books because a crown prince would never hyperventilate. Crown princes didn't hold onto to petty emotions. 

But Soobin wasn't a crown prince anymore. Yeonjun was. 

Soobin was just... 

What was Soobin?

---------------------------------------------------------------- 

ahahahahahaha, not much just their emotional beings 

keep reading, commenting and voting 

love, 

pixiedust :_(