Epilogue

6 years later,

Joshua walked down the stairs,

"Holy shit," he made a disgusted face and proceeded to take orange juice from the fridge. Seungcheol and Jeonghan were making out on the couch.

Joshua poured the juice into the glass and drank it, facing away from them.

"Just because he's a fucking sex demon, doesn't mean you have to physically do stuff with him twenty-four hours!" Joshua said, finishing his juice. The couple ignored him. A pair of strong arms engulfed his waist.

"Hey, honey bun~" Seokmin spoke against his neck. Joshua smiled and broke the back hug, turning to face his lover.

"Are you going to work today?" Joshua asked, playing with Seokmin's shirt. Seokmin nodded.

"It's going to be hella busy today, it's parents' teachers meeting and I don't know what a music teacher should do there." Seokmin chuckled.

"Mm, Well I'm going to be gone for a week.." Joshua sighed sadly. Seokmin frowned.

"Do you have to? I'll be third wheeling here!" Seokmin whined, holding Joshua's hand.

"I'm sorry but I have to look after the person." Joshua smiled.

"Who is this person?" Seokmin questioned. Joshua never told him who he was assigned to protect.

"Someone important."

---

Chan was waiting in front of the kindergarten's gate with his teacher. He's really upset right now. His parents were late again.

"Chan, I'll be right back, let me call your parents, okay?" The teacher said and walked away after receiving a nod from Chan.

Chan groaned and sat on the ground. His legs were tired of waiting.

He tilted his head, hoping his parents would arrive by now.

A red light flashed before him. He shut his eyes and used his arms to cover the intense flash. Chan trembled and looked around. What can a little kid like him do? He wanted to go back inside the school but didn't move. He was too scared to move. He started panicking.

Chan felt like trees were walking towards him. The playground had eyes. And the gates had sharp teeth. He screamed. But no sound came.

Then another light flashed but it was white. He felt a breeze pass by. Chan saw a car approach. He didn't even get up and he was already seated inside the car.

But the car didn't look like his. He shouted. The glass of the car broke and now he was in front of his house. The poor child looked behind. He saw a bloody man running towards him.

"Chan, you're okay." A safe voice whispered in his ears. "Run. Get inside the house. Face the tricks being played inside. Close your eyes and think of the ones you love. What you're seeing, isn't reality."

Chan did as he was told. He ran inside his house and sat on the cold carpet. He closed his eyes and thought of his parents. Tears escaped his baby doe eyes. He cried. Chan opened his eyes and adjusted to reality.

He was in his room.

He breathed heavily and when Chan's sight became normal. An ugly old voice screeched. It made Chan yell and rush out of his room. He saw his parents on the couch looking at him worriedly.

Wonwoo got up and hugged Chan immediately. "Are you okay? What happened?" Wonwoo asked and pulled away, checking Chan.

Mingyu gave Chan water, "What's wrong, buddy?"

Chan was too scared to speak. He drank the water and handed the glass back to his dad. Wonwoo looked at Mingyu. Chan's grip on Wonwoo's hand was tight.

The door of their house banged.

Mingyu held Wonwoo and Chan.

A red light flashed inside the couch and before anything could happen. A white light flashed.

Then the living room was okay. Chan cried hugging Wonwoo. Wonwoo picked up Chan and cradled him.

"We're going to Joshua's."

It was never over.

---

the fuck am I trying to make? 😭

this book wasn't originally supposed to go like this 💀 but like I've been reading too many paranormal au's and shit.

if i were to make a sequel/book 2. It would probably be named, "Eudaemon's whisper" 🤷‍♀️