fifteen

Bang!

The door of Joshua's apartment opened with a noise. Joshua covered Seokmin behind him. Shadows crept from the floor to the ceiling to the walls then finally, the shadow lay in front of Joshua. A figure spawned before him.

"Carmen." Joshua narrowed his eyes. His left hand was behind his back, touched Seokmin's forehead, and he spelled a protection field around the sunshine.

"Well well, if it isn't my old acquaintance, Hong Joshua Jisoo," Carmen smirked. She stepped back when Joshua moved closer to her.

"I know very well you have a restraining order against me from above and below. And I swore on Zeus I'd never harm you but didn't say I could manipulate others to harm you." Carmen laughed wickedly.

"Stop whatever plan you have, Carmen." Joshua hissed.

"As if I'd listen to your poor ass words. Be a man and try to kill me," Carmen snickered. "Oh wait, you can't. Two hundred and fifty years passed rather quickly. Yet you look the same." Carmen rolled her eyes.

"Why are you attacking Jeonghan?!" Joshua yelled.

"Simple. He's the last ingredient I need. Then I'll merely cook you all and feed the flesh to my peasants, and we take over. It's not your friend's fault he's an incubus Prince." Carmen checked her nails sassily.

Joshua felt something cold on his hands. Seokmin had handed him something sharp. Joshua knows how to kill Carmen, but the hands that will have to kill Carmen should be Jeonghan's. Joshua threw it at Carmen. Her wrist got cut off.

The room was filled with an ugly, old, creepy screech. "You menace!"

"Seokmin, run!" Joshua grabbed Seokmin's arm and started running.

---

Seungcheol was beside Jeonghan. He was playing with the demon's hair. Jeonghan was wide awake. He can't sleep. He can sense something horrible approaching.

Seungcheol got up from the bed due to the loud banging noises. He glanced at Jeonghan. Jeonghan stood up and walked to the door with Seungcheol.

Seungcheol moved forward and opened the door carefully. Joshua and Seokmin rushed in. Joshua closed the door quickly. The human and the demon saw panic and fear in their eyes.

"Jeonghan, Carmen's going to be here any second now," Joshua walked back and forth around their living room. His face clearly said he was thinking of a plan.

"Why can't we kill her? Or call the cops?" Seokmin questioned.

"She'll fucking manipulate the cops, and we'll be the ones dead. And humans can't kill her. Jeonghan, you're the only one who can. I could easily let her grab me, but she'd only go rot in heaven. The restraining order is so stupid." Joshua wiped his sweat as he spoke. "Seungcheol, I'm sorry, but you can't do anything."

Seungcheol frowned. "But I want to save him." Joshua shook his head. Jeonghan was silent.

"I need something sharp. We three can distract Carmen, and Jeonghan will throw the sharp object straight at Carmen's heart. It's going to be real bloody." Joshua explained.

Seokmin and Seungcheol walked around to find a sharp tool.

Joshua tapped Jeonghan, who was standing there quietly. "It's okay. You're safe." Joshua smiled in assurance.

"No. But like, why's she after me knowing I could kill her easily?" Jeonghan looked at Joshua. Joshua shrugged.

Seokmin handed Jeonghan something. It was a pointy knife that looked like a stick. Joshua furrowed his brows.

"Cheol, why do you have this at your house?" he asked.

Seungcheol laughed awkwardly, "Me and Mingyu made it in the garage. We were testing some machines. You know, welding and stuff."

Joshua nodded slowly.

The four grouped closer when the wallpaper changed color, and the floors started whispering. The same voice screaming. The voice vibrated.

"Be ready," Joshua whispered.

Carmen spawned. There was thunder inside Seungcheol's house. Carmen's eyes were void black. She was floating and her appearance was completely different. Her wrist wasn't cut off. She aimed towards Jeonghan. Her hand sparkled with fire.

Seungcheol and Seokmin together threw a chair at her. She screamed and spoons, forks, and knives approached Seungcheol, and a train out of nowhere drove inside the house, luckily Seokmin avoided it. "Shit," he mumbled.

Joshua tried his best by pushing Carmen using his powers. "Jeonghan, do it!"

Jeonghan ran to Carmen, he swiftly crashed the pointy knife stick right at her heart. The house turned normal. This time, she didn't scream. Her appearance became normal and her eyes were wide. Blood didn't drip from the heart.

Instead, she exploded. Purple Blood splattered all over. Joshua was fast enough to build a layer around a four.

The four walked where she had stood and found dust on the floor.

"That's it?" Seokmin asked.

The dust floated in the air. It vanished in a flash.

"Where did that go?" Jeonghan looked at Joshua.

"Probably right in front of Zeus, he'll do the rest," Joshua answered.

"It's weird how it ended quickly..." Seungcheol said, going over to Jeonghan and linking their fingers together.

Seokmin agreed. "Something's off."

"I'm sure it's nothing," Joshua said.

"Why are you so calm saying that?" Jeonghan squinted his eyes.

"He's like that," Seungcheol stated. "Yeah," Seokmin added. Jeonghan nodded.

"So why don't we call this a night..?" Seungcheol exhaled. The three looked outside the balcony, it was dark. They hadn't noticed it.

"Alright. Be safe," Joshua coughed. He and Seokmin left.

---

I wanted her dead quick so 🤷‍♀️. dAmN- this book is almost over. [ig] ALMOST.

It's funny how every1 thought someone got shot 💀 i knew you would think like that and i did add > it's not a gunshot but i removed it later lol

after this book, I'm starting a seoksoo one. [seokmin top]