thirteen

[did i mention top seokmin? :'D]

The doors of an empty apartment opened. Entered two men kissing each other. Seokmin was carrying Joshua while kissing him. He slammed Joshua's back against the wall. Seokmin went down to the neck, pecking everywhere. Joshua whimpered his hands against the fine-built chest.

"S-Seok.." Joshua moaned, pushing Seokmin's face.

Seokmin pulled away, his hands loosening their grip on Joshua. Joshua got off him carefully, looking down. It was clear the two had taken the kiss a bit seriously. No confessions had been made after the kiss.

"I'm sorry for kissing you out of nowhere like that, and not saying anything. I just led you-" Seokmin sighed.

The two figures could sense the confusion in the air. And only one could sense something strange.

"Why'd you kiss me in the car..?" Joshua questioned.

"Because.." Seokmin rubbed his nape, his cheeks were pink thou not visible in the darkness of the apartment. "...I like you..yeah.."

Joshua's eyes watered, "I wish your feelings were true and your words were pure..." The lights in the apartment flickered. Joshua moved away from Seokmin and opened a drawer. Seokmin's eyes followed Joshua's movements.

Joshua took out a cross from the drawer. "I can't fight against the tricks inside my head. I use an alternate way to get rid of it." Joshua exhaled shakily. He stretched his arm that had the cross towards Seokmin.

"Be gone."

---

[After Joshua left Seungcheol's house]

Seungcheol rushed inside the room. He hugged Jeonghan immediately. He pulled away from the hug and cupped Jeonghan's face.

"Are you okay..?" Seungcheol asked. Jeonghan nodded.

"I have to tell you something.." Jeonghan held Seungcheol's hands, taking them off his face. "I know how much you were worried-" the demon got cut off.

"Worried? why would I be worried?" Seungcheol said, letting go of Jeonghan's hands harshly. Jeonghan felt a lump in his throat, hearing the way Seungcheol spoke. "You're just a fucking object I use for my needs, remember that."

The walls started to change its color, negative colors. The frames on the wall were moving. Claw marks were printed everywhere and Seungcheol's eyes seemed fake.

The pain in Jeonghan's heart could be explained in a 300-page book written in every language that exists. Joshua had warned about Carmen's first step.

Tricking the mind.

Jeonghan gulped, trying to focus. The way Seungcheol was looking at him didn't help at all. He tried to adjust to reality.

"Jeonghan? Jeonghan- Hannie-" "The fuck are you doing, asshole?" Two different voices, two realities.

How could he possibly get rid of the trick?

Jeonghan pecked Seungcheol's lips and said; "I like you."Jeonghan eyes tried to find something in Cheol's.

Seungcheol's face glitched. The walls broke and were replaced with the normal ones. The frames on the walls went back to their original spot. The Claw marks were reversed. And Seungcheol's eyes weren't empty.

Not shortly after, a pitched scream whispered in the room. Jeonghan sighed in relief. But god knows how many times will he be tricked in the future.

"What was that?" Seungcheol questioned. Clearly, he heard the scream. "And did you say something...?"

Jeonghan rolled his eyes. Seungcheol definitely heard what Jeonghan said. "The scream was Carmen's. and I didn't say anything."

"Who the fuck is Carmen?"

"She wants to kill me. She tricked my mind, changing the reality. Joshua warned me about her first step. I have no idea why Carmen wants me so bad," jeonghan sighed.

"Joshua warned you? How does he know? Wait is he.." Seungcheol sat beside Jeonghan.

"Yeah, a creature, a good demon called Eudaemon." Jeonghan laid his head on Seungcheol's shoulder.

"He's a what now...How can I not see that?! I've been with him forever!" Seungcheol rested his head against Jeonghan's. "Whoever this Carmen is, she's never going to kill you. She has to face me first before laying her filthy hands on you." Seungcheol kissed the top of Jeonghan's head.

"Mhm...But she's going to hurt you first, Cheol. I have to protect you..." Jeonghan played with Seungcheol hands.

"What-"

"She can't capture me because I'm in love. And love is a strong force."

"You're in love? with whom?" Not a minute has passed but Seungcheol realized.

"You're in love with me..?" Seungcheol lifted his head and moved back on the bed a little to face Jeonghan.

Jeonghan nodded. Seungcheol tried to process. His heart was about to burst.

"I really do love you, Cheol. You're different. I'm sure if I had gone to some other human that night, I would've fucked them in their dreams and left, but I didn't do that to you and I don't know why. I knew I could trust you. In the start, I thought you would use me and get rid of me like all other humans did in the ancient books. But you treated me how I didn't expect you would. It felt different. You're not my food, Cheol. I don't see you like that. You're someone special I treasure." Jeonghan moved closer to Seungcheol.

Seungcheol smiled. "I love you," he kissed Jeonghan's forehead fondly.

----

this is getting interesting :3 However I'm confused asf bc i js went with the flow and the flow created whatever the plot was.

Either Seokmin is possessed or he's working with Carmen. It'll be explained in chapter 14.

name a song that would go along with this book >

FYI, Carmen is a fictional creature created by me. So if you tried searching in Google and found nothing, I just wanted to tell you this. And i was inspired by the character Carmen from an incubus movie. so ye.