Ch 30: Lazy Day; Say Yes!

Rèmi’s POV

Later that day

As I drove out of my yard, I stepped on the brakes immediately which caused Nathalia to jerk forward. I hissed my teeth as Shanaya slowly walked past my gate wearing a short jeans skirt and a crop top. I honked my horn aggressively and shielded the gas pedal, slowly moving forward.

Sum'n wrong wid dah likkle pitney yah?

It look suh. A my attention she a try get from wah day yah, but mi nawh look desso eno.

Dress up like sketel a come a road and me nuh attracted to dat.

Yuh mean again?

She never yet dress suh 'round mi, suh overall. Nah leff nuth'n fi di imagination cause if she bend ova, di wull a har batty outta door. Unattractive.

Fair point.

"Oye, come outta mi way nuh!" I shouted as I rolled my window down.

"Morning to you too, Rèmi," Shanaya said, pulling down her skirt.

As soon as she got out of the way, I sped off without sparing her another glance. Nathalia quickly put on her seatbelt and leaned back in the seat before looking at me. I chuckled to myself before glancing at her.

"Weh yuh seh yawh guh again today?" I asked her.

"We're just going out somewhere. I mean it's nice that I have friends now," She said smiling.

"Talia, yuh dress up today. New shoes and everything, yuh feel mi fool-fool?" I asked, smiling to myself.

"I never said that you were a fool and my shoes match with my top," She excused. I hummed and kept my focus on the road as I drove.

"So, see any boys weh yuh like?" I asked 

"What? What do you mean?" She asked, laughing nervously. I looked at her with a bored expression.

"Mi know yuh nuh dat dense suh nuh badda wid the foolishness. Yuh don't see any boys weh yuh like?" I asked her again.

"Where would I even see boys? I don't even go anywhere to see boys," She mumbled. I hummed.

"So, is Romero a last resort because he is the only single guy in the group that gives you attention or do you genuinely like him?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. She let out another nervous laugh and I glanced at her briefly as she played with the hem of her blouse.

"I don't—I m-mean we um, we just. It's not what you think," She stuttered out. 

Fraidy-fraidy like.

"Okay, suh like how yuh nuh like him that way, yuh can spend the day wid me and Rosalia then. No big deal." As soon as the words left my lips, she scoffed and mumbled under her breath before leaning back into her seat.

"We already made plans," She muttered.

"Me nuh understand weh you and him a try hide. Me see uno a hug up already and everytime uno see me, uno try fi make it seem like uno nuh like each other. Again, me never leff mi sense dem inna Mommy," I told her.

"So you know?" She asked, surprised.

"Know what? Yuh nuh just seh a nuh weh me think?" I asked, smirking to myself.

"You're playing with me," She said, sighing in frustration.

"And yawh tell me lie," I responded.

"You're confusing," She muttered.

"Me nuh feel suh eno, cause me always straight forward with people weh straight forward with me. Maybe inna your head, me dumb and fool. If yuh know the truth, stop hide behind it," I stated.