Ch 24: My Man, Pink Sunday!

Rosalia's POV
ᴛᴡᴏ ᴡᴇᴇᴋs ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ
Friday, November 10th
6:40 p.m.

○●○

Half Way Tree

I skipped through the rack of jeans pants while I waited for Nathalia to find a pair of jeans that she liked. Romero sat down with his attention on his phone and would occasionally look up when I asked for his opinion on something. He's the only person I have to come with me today since everyone was busy.

He happily agreed to come with me because he didn't have anything to do. We're having a surprise birthday party for Nathalia at Nico's house on her birthday, this coming Sunday. Kassauni said that she has never had a birthday party before.

I'm not surprised, but it's sad to know that since she always wanted one. Especially since at one point, she had both parents in her life yet none of them made the effort to give her that. She said all her half-siblings had birthday parties because Richard paid for it and she would help them set up most of the time.

See cause mi nuh fool-fool...

That just wrong and evil on so many different level. A true a Nathalia alone dem can tek advantage ah... Because all har mada could'a do better, but lemme not speak ill of the dead.

"What do you guys think about this one?' She asked, coming towards me now wearing a pair of ripped jeans.

"Me nuh too like dah one deh. It a hide yuh figure," Romero said and I looked at him.

"It looks baggy like it's bigger than you," I said to her.

"Yes, the waist is but I'll just use a shoelace to tighten it," She said. I stared at her and Romero started to laugh.

Lace? Mi nuh understand dem people yah, eno.

Put lace inna what, miss?

"Nathalia, we don't do that here. Girl, take off dat and come try on dem here. I'm sure me and you wear the same size suh dem here a guh fit yuh. If the pants slack, we use belt. Not lace," I told her, giving her three pairs of jeans. She nodded and smiled sheepishly before walking back to the dressing room.

"Vanessa pregnant," Romero said to me. I turned to look at him as I took down a blouse.

"Vanessa weh inna we class? Di same one weh nuh like me?" I asked him and he nodded.

"Yeah, and di good t'ing is dat a fi har man breed har, but mi nuh know how she plan fi work out dat if har parents nuh too have it. She a guh look pan me and ask me fi help. Like me did tell har lay dung and open up har foot. Is a choppa man she deh wid, suh she can gwaan guh make life wid him," He revealed.

"Har man a scamma?" I asked with my eyes wide.

"Yeah, suh mi nuh understand why she a come tell me fi contribute like a me breed har. Then a come text me. Me enuh... Di likkle girl a guh text me how much a clock a night a bawl like me supposed to do sum'n bout it." He hissed his teeth. I laughed and placed my hand over my mouth.

Di bwoy extra eh? Doh make me scream out.

"Well, can you help her? Financial wise?" I asked.

"Rosalia, she have a man. A boyfriend. A baby father, weh a chop people and buy car. Same money weh him use buy cars and sell dem back. Me and har a barely fren, suh mi nuh know why she feel she fi come ask mi dat," He said, hissing his teeth.