Ch 8: A Peace Of Mind

Rosalia's POV
The Same Day, 12:45 p.m. 

Norbrook, Kingston

After I took a shower, I tried on the different outfits to see which one fits better. Kassauni texted me and asked where I wanted to go, so I chose the pier. I am a little more excited than I should be but I don't mind. This is a friendly outing.

Yet my stomach is filled with butterflies.

Finally, I decided to wear a pair of black ripped jeans, and a pair of Jordan 1s. Maroon black gold. I picked out a maroon Paris T-shirt to match and looked in my full-body mirrors. The top looked a bit long so I tied the side, finally feeling pleased with the look.

"Yuh nah tell me where you going?" Jardani asked, walking into my bedroom.

"I said out with one of my friends," I told him.

"Alia, today is Sunday. Really?" He asked, sitting on the edge of my bed. I searched through my jewelry box for my gold necklace and bracelet that matched my earrings.

"Yes, he wants to hang out for a bit. Can you close this, please?" I asked, walking over to him so he could clip the bracelet on.

"I want to know where you are. It will make me feel better," He said, hooking the chain around my wrist.

"Daddy knows where I'm going," I told him. He hissed his teeth and stood up.

"Tell mi nuh. Or text mi the license plate number when you go inside a them car. By the way, which friend yuh have weh drive, Alia?" He asked me.

"He's new," I told him.

"Romero?" He asked, frowning.

"No, how do I look?" I asked, turning to him.

"Pretty. Rosalia, tell mi nuh. If a did me, me would a tell yuh before yuh even ask," He complained.

"Promise you won't jump to conclusions," I said, holding my pinking out to him. He attached his finger to mine.

"Promise. Now who and where?" He asked.

"I'm going to the seafood restaurant at Victoria's Pier, and I promise he's just a friend. I'm going with the guy who picked up my money for me when it fell from my pocket," I rushed out.

Likkle gyal, yuh couldn't just call him name. Yuh head tuff eh?

I used it as a delay, shut up.

Say it with me. Kassauni.

No.

Rèmi.

Lady, relax.

"You and Rèmi a go out?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yes, we have grown to be friends this past week and he wanted to hang out
There's nothing more to it," I told him.

Liad! Jordan and Candace never have devotion wid uno this morning?

Shh.

"Mi can see seh yuh like him and mi done tell yuh a thing aready. Yuh try nuh catch nuh feelings," He warned me.