Ch 20: Mermaid

Rèmi's POV
Sunday, October 8th
12: 55 a.m.

15 minutes later

Hissing my teeth, I let the warm water beat over my skin and I squeezed the body wash onto the rag. I scrubbed the lower parts of my body, my knee down to my ankles. Twisting the tap, I made the water a bit hotter to wash my feet that Rosalia threw up on.

Mi skin a crawl, yuh fuck

Now me affi go clean up di grung because me couldn't stomach fi deh there wid the slimy residue pan mi foot. All because she take up weh she cannot manage and upset har stomach. Nuh know a who tell har fi go pan head top eno, God.

Mmcht.

When I finished washing my foot, I put the rag aside and grabbed a new one to bathe myself. Again. I scrubbed my body and quickly washed off with the hot water, pouring out of the shower head. Wringing the water from my rag, I dried my face and my neck. My armpits and the upper half of my body, followed.

Mi affi used different rags for different areas. Nuh care weh nobody wah seh.

When I walked into the room with the towel wrapped around my waist, I immediately scrunched my face in disgust when I saw the vomit spot with the paper towel over it. I quickly changed into a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie before grabbing a mop. Putting on a pair of gloves, I walked back into the bedroom and started to clean it up.

God know, Rosalia fi glad seh mi love har because mi would'a never do this shit fi nobody.

Nuh-rass-body, at all.

Yuh do wah?

A nuh your time right now. Done seh weh mi seh aready.

Affi guh look inna the sky and see if God a come, to bombaat.

The man in love

Shut yuh shit.

When I finished cleaning up the vomit, I wiped the floor with disinfectant and brought back the mop. I picked up some of the Lysol wipes that I had and sat on the edge of the bed, wiping her hands and her mouth. She groaned and snuggled into my side. I smiled, pushing her twists away from her face before getting up.

"Where are you going?" She mumbled, holding onto my hand.

"Outside. Soon come back," I said, chuckling.

"No, stay with me," She muttered. I leaned down and kissed her forehead.

She was still half asleep, weakly pulling on my hand. I kissed her forehead repeatedly until she got annoyed and pushed me away. Chuckling, I stood up and sighed.

"Soon come," I said and she released my hand. I pulled the comforter over her shoulders before leaving the room.

Nico probably gone a him bed now and Renae she drop a sleep pan the couch. Kareem went to tend to her so that leave Demetri, up and walk like a ghost. From morning the man a smoke. Feel it fi him, yuh fuck. And this is not one of those 'I told you so' moments.

Me feel like every man fi make him own mistake and learn from it... Me nah go make him feel bad.

Yuh tease them bout it, tho...

Yeah, as a reminder

Hmm, anything yuh seh

When I walked out the back door, he was sitting on the couch on the patio, smoking. I sighed and took the seat next to him, remaining quiet. He sniffled and I narrowed my brows, looking over at him.

Bawl the man a bawl?

"Dawg, a nuh bawl yah bawl?" I asked him.

Try make sure him nah bawl ova Leandra... Nuff woman out there we better than she by far