chp.7

It is 5pm already, time really isn't on our side I wish we could be here for more days even. She has to go home to her parents or she will be in trouble, that sucks for both of us.
We spent most of our time talking about food and games, I enjoy watching her talk about food, i guess food is her most interesting topic. The way her lips move while she talks none stop, her laughter and the constant 'may God be with me' anytime she remembers to say it. I couldn't say anything because if I did I would have stuttered alot, I hate to admit that I'm falling for her but I guess this will be a feeling buried inside me forever.

"Why aren't we going inside the tree house?" I watch her dust her skirt while keeping an eye on me.

"Not yet, you know because I have not decorated the inside. It is just empty, when I turn it into a comfortable hide out then you can come here anytime you want to relax" I wonder why she wants to decorate it all of a sudden, if she has been coming here never bothering to fix anything, why now?

"Will you be coming with me to hang out here?" I ask hoping for a positive reply, I don't want for this to be our last meeting. I fear we might never get a chance to speak again it makes my heart ache.

"Ummm... During a free time, yes" She said awkwardly, smiling.
We walk back to the post office, it is now closed for the day i guess. I get distracted by a few birds flying around the area.

"Why do birds have wings and we don't?" She asks eyes fixed on the sky.

"Only the creator has the answer" I say still focused on one of the birds chirping on a tree nearby.

"Do you believe in Him?" She asks.

"Who?"

"God, the creator?" The question put me in a pause, I turn my face towards her. Our eyes locking instantly, my heart started to do it's thing. I scan her face, amazed by all it's features, how much work the creator might have put to present such beauty. She asked if I believe in God, I know if anyone had asked me this question before I met her I would have just shrugged but now I know the answer to it.

"You're here, why should I have a reason to doubt His existence?" The words slipped right out of my thoughts and not my mouth.

"I.. I am.."

"I meant.. what I meant is that our existence is a proof of His existence, so I have no reason to doubt" I rephrase my words, if anything I don't want her to see me as a freek.

"Oh, I don't know if I believe in Him or not" She turns away from me, I notice her try her best to avoid looking at me.

"Is anything the matter?" I ask trying to remember if I had said or done anything wrong.

"I have to go" She starts jogging off, breaking my heart with each step. I don't know what I did wrong so words stay hung in my throat.

"Wait!" I finally said. She stops but didn't turn around to look me.

"When will I see you again? Please!" There was a long pause.

"Friday, at sunrise!" Hannan runs off, I watch her disappear into the distance.

~~~

Her not turning to look at me or say a proper bye breaks my heart. I wanted to stay more minutes, more hours, I wanted to hug her goodnight, kiss her hand. I wanted to hold her close just sniff her, take her home with me, for some reasons I wanted to scream her name.
As she ran of the sound of her waist beads arrested my ears, I couldn't feel air around me. I really wanted to follow her but what if she got more upset and never talk to me at all? I can't even bare her ignoring me for a few seconds how will I react to that?.