Prologue

Ivan's POV
She left me .
She left us .
She left everything behind .
The woman I loved left me . She ran away with her fucking lover . I provided her with everything she needed . I gave her my love ,designer clothes , shoes , money . Everything that woman desired I gave her . Still She left . She chose some fucking loser over me .

' You are a loser , Ivan . Look at you so pathetic . ' My father's words start spiraling through my head . ' Women are hoes . Use them for their holes , then discard them . Every woman will eventually leave you , just like your mother did . Never get attached to these whores , Son. ' these words were said to a thirteen year old kid . A kid who had a harmless crush on his classmate and his father bashed him for it . I know what my father said was wrong . But I guess he was right after all .

My mother left me . Still I chose not to believe my father . Then I got married to Mary . Even though we had an Arrange marriage . I genuinely thought she loved me . But Judging by the divorce papers and this letter confessing her forbidden love . I was  wrong . I crumpled the fucking letter .

"Dad ?" A voice called out . I turned to look at my little son Alex . He stood at the threshold .

" Yes, bunny boy ?" I said gently.

" Dad , where is Mom ? I can't find her anywhere ."

How am I supposed answer a six your old child whose mother left ? Should I lie and say his mother has gone somewhere far and will come back soon or tell the harsh truth that she left and ran away . She won't coming back . I chose later .

I walked towards him and kneeled  down .
Cupping his fragile face in my hand I say ," She left us . She'll never come back ."
"But mom loved us . Why would she leave us ?"
"I guess she didn't." Was all I could say and hugged him .

One thing that I learned today is never trust a woman . She'll destroy everything you ever believed in . She'll stab you in  the back the moment you let your guards down . From now on my only priorities are my children Alex (6) and Jeremy (4) .