Chapter 3

Ivan's POV
At 9 am the door bell rings. Max go to open it, Hazel enters and the kids run towards her. Hugging them , she cheerfully greetes me. I simply nod.

Just like yesterday, she stands at threshold with the kids. I kiss them and raise a eyebrow looking at her. She is embarrassed. Her cheeks are turning red and ears pink. She is biting her lips.

This is fun. That episode made my day . It kept running through my head . She is funny. Silly Girl .

The day went by with meetings. My phone rings.
I Check the user I'd. Credit card company calling me ,Strange !

"Hello ! Ivan Kingsmore speaking ."

"Hello sir. this is Ava . We have seen some suspicious activities in the credit card issued in your name . "

Suspicious Activities ,Interesting !

" Can you elaborate ? "

" Yes. Sir there have been multiple transactions with the card and its about to reach its monthly limit . We are trying to confirm is that you ? "

" Yes . "

" Thankyou Sir for your corporation ."

Ten thousand dollars . What the fuck is she buying . Money is not the issue but I need to keep my employees under check and She reached the limit in one day ! I know I should see the transaction statement but I don't .

As I drive my car though the driveway . I notice the changes.
Wait is this my house ! Did I just go to a wrong address.
But I surely did the biometric security to open the gates. I walk out of my car . The whole drive way is lit with small bulb like a fucking Christmas tree . Sighing I turn to my left. Fuck ! The garden is filled with so many flowers like The Fucking Netherlands. Tulips , Roses is every color, lilies, daisies and what not. I don't even know their names. Wait where is the fucking wall ?

Last I remember there was no large sliding door window. Holy fucking shit . This woman will be the death of me . I am dreading to go inside now .

I open the door . There she is standing with the biggest beaming smile l. She is proud of herself. The kids are awake . They run towards me. Jeremy is  jumping up and down.

"Daddy come come .We want to show you something. See this sliding window. Did you check the garden? Alex and I helped , Miss Woods. Daddy you need to check our room. It's so pretty. " Jeremy exclaims.

Seeing my kids happy, I don't wanna ruin their mood . I go with them to their room . Alex opens the door .
I was awestruck. The room is completely changed . There is a bunkerbed which has a ladder as well as a slide. It has multiple drawers where kids toys were neatly kept . What grabbed my attention is the paintings on the wall .

"Who drew this ? " I ask.

Alex replies " Jer and me. "

There are two paintings on the wall .
Alex points to the one where it was a man (I assume Me ) and two children ( Alex and Jeremy), " I drew this one ."

" This is so pretty. Good job bunny boy ."

" Who is this ? " I ask referring to the one with a woman and two children.
Who is the woman . It should not be that bloody woman aka their good for nothing mother .

" Daddy I drew it . This is Miss Woods , Alex and Me " Jeremy replies proudly. Thank God it's not that woman .

" Good job bean bag . " I flick his head and he laughs .

"Okay kids as you have shown your dad all the hard work we did. It's time to sleep . Let's go . " Hazel says .

Jeremy sleeps on the lower bed and Alex takes the upper one . In no time they are asleep .

"Miss Woods, A word." I say monotonous.

" Sure ."
I nod at her to follow me . We go to my office . She looks around at my office . I sit behind the table and tell her to sit.

"So, How was your day ? I know I didn't ask earlier but the kids were so excited to show you ."

"fine. But this not the reason why I called you . Miss Woods I gave you a credit card and you reached the max the limit in one day . " I deadpaned .

"Ohh that ." She says waving a hand in a dismissed manner at me ." Mr kingsmore I have the list of everything I bought. "
" I swear I didn't buy anything for me . " She adds hastily .

"Care to explain all the things you bought. " I says.

Her eyes gleam with excitement ,"Yes ! So at first my attention was limited to kids room only . We bought bunkerbed . The kids wanted it . Then decided to paint the walls with turquoise. The professional painted the walls with clouds and animal because Alex likes clouds and Jeremy wanted animal. Then the poor garden. No one looked after it. Then I ordered flowers . The boys helped me planting them . Max and Linda also helped me But as you know there were so many . We decided to call a decorator who deals with this stuff. Now the best part comes Mr Ivan ---- "

The sliding window " we say in union and she nod .

" Yes Sir, I called the house renovators . They told me they needed one week for this. I was like I wanted to surprise you. I wanted it done today. So I told them the issue they reluctantly agreed of course with extra money. But believe me that room needed sunlight. Plus you can watch the Moonlight and that beautiful garden while drinking some wine. Lavish! " She sighed dreamily.
She talks so animately .

"Sir, one more thing we bought baking materials. Alex said he used to bake with his mom. So I figured why not do it again. That's it sir. From next time I will not waste any money. I will be careful."

"Fine, You can go Miss Woods . " I say dismissing her .

Her shoulder slump with defeat. She gets up and starts leaving. She thought I would praise her. Fool .

" Miss Woods." I call out suddenly . She stops without turning .

"Ahh, You did a good job today . " She smiles and walks out .