Chapter 4

Two Weeks later
Hazel's POV

We have fallen into a routine . Firstly Seeing off Mr kingsmore at the door . Then playing with the kids , reading them stories , feeding them , Taking them to park down the street and waiting for Mr Ivan to come back so I can tell him about all the things the kids did .From next week their school will begin . So I guess our routine will be changed . Let's see what happens .

" Miss Woods , meet me in the office " Mr kingsmore said without even glancing at me and walked away. Is he angry today ? It's not a new thing . This man is grumpy most of the time except when he is with his kids .

I sat in his office waiting for him to return after seeing the kids . five  minutes later he came and sat behind his desk .

" Hi " I said in order to cheer him up .
He just looked at me with a straight grumpy face.

" So , how was you day ? " I offered again .

"Fine . Tell me what the kids did today ." He reluctantly replied . I am so done with his Fines' .

I told him everything " Is there anything else you want to know, Sir ? "

" No . But as you know the kids classes are gonna begin from next week . So there is going to be a change in your schedule. You will be picking the kids from their school . You are supposed to pick Jeremy at 1 Pm and Alex at 2 Pm . I am gonna drop the kids in morning , so you can either come at the same time you usually do or pick Jeremy at 1 Pm then come . "

" Okay " I said nodding .

" Let me make one thing clear, Miss Woods . You can't have a part time job in the morning.  There might be times when I will be gone for trips or go early in case of emergency . Then you will be dropping the kids to there school . And their Saturdays are also off.  So I want your morning schedule to be cleared . Alright ? "

I huffed and waved at hand him  , "Come on , Sir with the money you are going me . Do you think I will look for an extra part time job . "

I motioned at him to lean forward . He did suspiciously then I whispered,  " With the money you are paying me , I can pay all my bills . Plus save extra to buy some dresses . It's a win- win for me ." I winked at him .

He chuckled in response.  My eyes bulged out . I looked at him with horror . This man Chuckled . OH MY GOD . He actually showed an emotion.

" You have a beautiful smile , Mr kingsmore . " I said without thinking .

"Come again ? " He said .

" Sir, you should smile more . It suits you ." I said genuinely.

"Anyways these are the car keys . You will be using this car to pick the kids and if they want to go anywhere . First inform me"

"Alright ." I took the car keys and then  remembered
" Oh! wait a minute I forgot something."

" What is it ? "

" Wait I'll be right back . " I dashed through the office towards the kitchen downstairs . Took out the box I kept  and went back to him . I kept it on the table and asked him to open it .

" A cupcake ? " He looked surprised .

" Yes , Alex made these for you . I supervised him , so don't worry about his safety . "

He picked up the cupcake and smiled sadly .
" I shouldn't have thrown all those baking materials. I was so angry.  I didn't want anything that belonged to her in my house . But in that anguish I took away something that Alex liked doing . "

" Hey ,We all make mistakes in our life . But do you know what is the worst thing ? It is never acknowledging our own mistakes. Making that mistake again and again . That God above us . He gives us a chance to repent our sins and mistakes . It's your choice weather you grab that opportunity and make amendments or not . And right now you are redeeming yourself . "

" You are right . Thanks Miss Woods . "
He said smiling a little. 

"Aww look at that . Sir are you trying to kill me ? At First you chuckled , then you smiled ." I put a hand at my heart and sighed dramatically . He laughed . It was a kind of laugh that showed he had not laughed for years . A little lonely , a lot more beautiful kind of a laugh .
He looks so young and handsome . Hazel you need to stop NOW before it's too late !!!