Chapter 39 : Wake Up!

I couldn't, for the love of me, forget it...

Devon

Every time I thought about it, my heart would race, my chest would tighten and I would forget how to breath. It gave me nightmares.

"What happened...?", Darria questioned me concerned.

"I...I tried to take my own life...after she broke up with me.", I sighed.

"What! Devon! Are you crazy!?", Darria looked at me horrified.

"I just felt so depressed...she was everything to me, without her, I felt like a living corps, i thought it was better to end it all rather than go on living...", I looked away from her.

"But...why...", she looked at me with horror in her eyes.

"She hurt me, she broke me, I was lost, i was depressed, I was mentally fucked up. She controlled me, manipulated me, lied to me, changed me into someone I wasn't. I couldn't figure out who I was or what I wanted in life. I was just her rich, perfect boyfriend. It killed me. I was dead inside and she did not give a damn!", tears of anger filled my eyes.

"Oh...my...i- Devon...why didn't you tell me, sweetie...", a tear rolled down her cheek.

"I couldn't...she...she controlled me like I was her little puppet. She controlled who I talked to, what i ate, how I spoke, how I acted and how I dressed. I couldn't fight back, I wanted to make her happy and so I gave into all her demands.

"Devon, you idiot! Why!?", Darria whimpered, her lips trembling as she spoke to me.

"After she broke up with me, I contemplated on taking my life. I have cuts all over my arms but I try my best to hide them with tattoos. I even tried jumping off my penthouse' roof.", I sighed heavily as I remembered those moments.

"Why didn't you tell us! Why didn't you tell me!", she shook me roughly, tears filled her glimmering blue eyes. I could she the shear pain in her eyes and concern. I grabbed her hands and pulled her into a tight hug. We both cried.

After a while, we composed our selves and went back inside without speaking another word. I went to my room so did she. I couldn't sleep that night or the flowing 5 nights, I was slipping into something I couldn't comprehend. I thought about Evanly every waking moment of my life. I need her back, I want her back...

3 months passed, I decided to stay back and take care of business, which took longer than I expected. Darria and I grew closer over the course of these 3 months, we connected in a way we had never before. It really helped a lot, I felt myself gradually coming back.

____________
Meanwhile...

Evanly

"Where am I?", my voice echoed. I looked around my surroundings and saw white all around me.

Am I dead? No...I can't be...i-its too soon. What about Devon...Conilliouse and Danzel? I looked at myself and saw that I was wearing a white dress with no shoes. I felt so numb, my heart beat echoing through my body making this whole void fill with a feeling of eerie. My feet were tapping loudly as I descended into the void.

After a while of wondering in this white void I found a small smug of blood on the ground, the first colourful thing in this place. It felt so surreal. At some point I was whirled into a strange reality.

I was married to Justin and I seemed...happy but something felt so off. I was living my everyday life in that reality but I saw things gradually begine to change and morph. It was the same feeling of absolute dread that I had when I suspected Justin's infertility. It was the same feeling I had when I saw Lunna and Justin kiss on the porch in the backyard of my parents'house. Yeah, I knew all along and I watched them like a fool and a naive one at that.

I hated myself for loving him even after I saw that. Fuck! I was an idiot. It felt like a decade had passed.

Then I met Devon. He was everything I could've asked for, I wanted him to stay with me for as long as I lived. At some point everything went silent and then I heard it, his voice talking to me.

"I miss you, Evanly, every waking moment of my life.", his voice echoed, sending waves through my stiff body. I wanted to wake up, embrace him, kiss him, tell him how sorry I am and tell him how much I love him.

Once again a new reality set in. I was back at college but I was waiting for Justine to come pick me up. As I stood by the curbside,  a fancy, expensive porch car stopped beside me and the passenger window rolled down. There Devon was, smiling from ear to ear, a smile I had never seen before. He looked excited to see me, with a cheerful voice, he greeted me.

Why don't I recall this memory? I had never met Devon during college, have I? We began talking, then he mention Justine and offered me a ride. I hesitated at first but agreed to a lavish ride with him. I seemed to be enjoying our talk. His smile never disappearing from his handsome, chiseled face. His beautiful blue glimmering like stars in the night. If only I had known. I would have chosen you, I would have been with you. My Devon, my love.

Memories of us began flashing through my head, playing like movies, every scene getting better and better. This all made me miss him even more. I fell into the floor, clenched my chest and cried my eyes out.

I can't do this anymore! Why are you torturing me! Please make it stop! Please!Please! I can't take it any longer! I need to see him, I need to talk to him! I need to hear his sweet voice of his again. The memories were flashing brighter, faster, a true site of pain to watch. Our memories together.

I want to wake up! Please! I need to open my eyes, I was sick and tired of reliving my pathetic life decisions over and over again. I wanted to explore more and love more...love him more...
Please Lord, grant me this wish of mine.

Like a miracle, I felt myself gradually regain my consciousness, I could hear my heart beat thump loudly into my ears, the sound of the machines getting louder and louder. I tried to move my hands, I could only manage to twitch my fingers. Then I heard a voice, low yet hush and deep with an accent. Danzel.

I tried with all my might and power to open my eye lids, my heart thumped louder as I tried opening my eyes, my breath was shortening, my hands twitching loudly, the monitors beeping loudly and faster.

Danzel

I set beside Evanly, talking to her. Her hair had grown a lot and her nails but she still looked the same, still looked as beautiful as ever. As I set there blank faced, I saw her hand begin to twitch a bit, then it twitched more, the monitors began beeping loudly. I quickly got up from the chair and came closer to her, on guard, ready to call for the doctors and nurses.

I looked at her face and saw her eyes lids move uncontrollably. Was she trying to wake up? Her hands were twitching unconditionally too. My heart began racing, I held my chest tightly, my heart in my throat, I was shaking a bit. I stood by her, waiting with anticipation.

Just as I let out a sigh, her eyes swiftly opened...

~To be continued...~