Chapter 21 : I ached for her affection

My heart ached for her affection...

Devon

Our contract had come to an end and now I wouldn't get to see her as often. Thinking about it made my heart ache but what hurt me more was that she pushed me away. I thought she felt the same way about me, I thought we really had something but I guess no.

After she made it clear that we had nothing, I respected her wishes and kept my distance. We finally went to the hospital to sign out of my contract with her. She drove us there. There was silence in the car and awkwardness. We got to the hospital, we got out of the car. As we walked to the entrance, she tried to hold my hand but I moved it away. She made it clear that we had nothing.

I got in and I went up to the receptionist. I greeted her warmly, making jokes with her to lighten the mood. She giggled and blushed many times. I could see Evanly sulking as she watched us. That amused me and made my heart flutter. I chuckled to myself as I watched her. She was really something, huh?

As I began signing the papers I saw my brother enter the hospital, I was confuse. What was he doing here? Was he here to see me? He walked up to me with a bright smile on his face. He looked awfully happy today. We talked for a bit as we talked and laughed I turned to look at Evanly. She wasn't looking right, her expression was tense as if she was feeling some sort of pain. She held on to the counter table.

I began slowly walking towards her but then she suddenly collapsed. I quickly ran to her and held her in my arms. The receptionist quickly ran to call a doctor, while she was away, I looked at Evanly with worry. Danzel too ran to us and knelt down to see Evanly. He looked very worried. That was unexpected of him. The doctor came and Evanly was taken into one of the hospital rooms.

I set in the waiting room feeling anxious and scared. Danzel set beside me looking worried too. My phone suddenly rang. I saw that it was my father, I quickly answered.

"Pa, how are you?"

"I'm fine my son, how are you?", he asked.

"I'm okay, Pa.", I replied.

"You it's been well over six months, we need back at the company. Your brother needs help too.", he said.

"I know, Pa. I'm coming back today.", I sighed.

"Alright, I better see you within 20 minutes.", he demanded.

"Yes, Pa.", I hung up the call and swiftly stood up from the chair I was sitting on. Danzel looked at me confused.

"Father just called me and he wants me back at the company today, right now. ", I said.

"But are you sure you're fit to be at work right now, Devon.", Danzel asked worridly.

"Yes, I'll manage at least. Please call me when Evanly wakes up if you'll be here that is.", I replied and left the hospital. I called an uber. I wasn't quit fit for driving right now. I arrived at the building. When I entered all my employees cheered and clapped their hands welcoming me back at the company. I was happy and glad that I was back.

I greeted them all warmly, flashing a smile at them and shacking their hands. I thanked them for being amazing employees and promised each one of them a raise in their pay.
They were all ecstatic and happy about it.

I went to the top floor where my office was. I got into my huge office and closed the door behind me. It felt great to be back. It was just the way I left it. I walked around the office looking at it and taking in everything. I suddenly heard a soft knock on the door.
_

_______

_This how his office looks like

_This how his office looks like._

______

"Come in.", I said.

The door opened and my father walked in looking happy to see me. He walked up to me and embraced me in a tight hug hug. I hugged him back feeling happy to hug my father in such a long time.

"It's great to see you back and in good health my son.", he smiled brightly.

"Thanks father.", I smiled.

My father quickly rushed out of my office mentioning an important meeting he had in 20 minutes. I set down on my dark brown, leather chair. My laptop was still placed on top of my dark brown wooden table. I opened my laptop and turned it on, I saw that my files were still just as I left them.

I got busy on my laptop trying to catch up with all the work I missed but one thing kept on roaming around my mind, that was, Evanly. As much as I wanted her, craved her, missed her, I know i can't have her.

_____________
Meanwhile...

Evanly

I had a killer headache and my eyes were in pain. I must have hit my head really bad. I set up straight in the bed I laying on, holding my head in pain. I looked up and saw Conilliouse talking to my aunt, who was also a doctor. They both quickly rushed to me and bombarded me with questions about how I was feeling? What happened? Am I okay?

My body was so weak that it gave up on me and fell back into the pillow behind me. They looked so worried and it made me sad that they worried so much about me.

In a low, soft voice I spoke up.

"Conilliouse, Aunt Marcy, you don't have to worry about me so much. I'm fine, I was just exhausted, that's all." Conilliouse looked at me censierly. "But babes I will worry. You can't just faint and expect me not to worry."

Aunt Marcy chimed in. "She's right Evanly. You should really take better care of your body, my little genius." She looked at me with a worried look on her face. "What stressed you so much to the point where you collapsed, love?"

I sighed heavily and closed my eyes."Maybe it's cause of work or my divorce?" Aunt Marcy looked confused. "What do you mean by "Your divorce?" She asked.

"I caught Justin fucking Lunna.", I replied calmly. Aunt looked shocked as her hand covered her mouth. " You mean Lunna, your sister?!", she asked.

~TO BE CONTINUED...~