Chapter 31 : Has she gone missing?

I'll fight till the end, no matter what. I'm not dying, no...

Devon

3 months passed, I misses her so terribly. Life felt so heavy, waking up everyday knowing she isn't beside me. I really messed up big time but you know, life goes on. I got busier at my company, travelling almost every week to finalize my projects. The new product that we manufacturing is left with a few finishing touches and soon we'll launch it for the whole world to see. I was happy because it was going successfully but I couldn't share my happiness with her.

One night as I layed in bed busy on my laptop, I received a call from an unknown number but truecaller showed that it was someone named, Sarah Lanchestor. I answered it.

"Hello?"

"Um...hi, am I speaking to Devon Marscinos?", a woman's voice came through.

"Yes, you're Evanly's cousin, right?", I asked. I knew that name from somewhere, I must have seen it when I went through Evanly's records. Don't ask why.

"Yes. I just wanted to ask if you had seen Evanly or talked to her recently?", she asked in a shaking voice.

"No, why? What happened?", I asked feeling scared and worried.

"She's been missing for at least 2 weeks. W-we have no idea where she is and she isn't picking up any of our calls. I just wanted to check if maybe you know where she could be.", she said frantically as if she was at the verge of tears.

I felt my heart drop to my stomach. "Wait, where did she say she was going the day she left?"

"To her old house to grab her things and to sign divorce papers.", she sniffled.

"Shit! Sarah listen to me carefully, inform the police of Evanly's disappearance. I'll go check her old house and I'll update if I see anything. Don't worry, we'll find her."

"Okay, I'll do so and please be safe. I'm suspecting that Justine might be involved.

"I'll keep an eye out. Thanks.", I hung up. My heart was pounding really hard, I had to find her soon before it's too late. I stung up from my bed, got dressed and left the house. I drove as fast as I could to her old house. It was really late by the time I arrived. I swear that all the lights were off. I quickly got out of my car and headed to door. I furiously knocked on the door but no one  responded. I stepped back and ran straight for the door with all my power I broke the door down. Good thing this neighbourhood was empty. I entered the house and turned on the lights. What I saw on the floor made my heart cease. Blood was splattered on the floor and a bloody baseball bat was laying on the ground.

I walked towards the mess and saw something shining on the floor. A necklace, that's Evanly's necklace that I gave her before that beach house trip. It had her initials on it. E.M

That bastard Justin did something to her but where is she? I frantically searched around the house for any clues. I suddenly received a call from Conilliouse.

I answered it.

"Conie?"

"Devon, Evanly is missing!", she cried out.

"I know...", I sighed, looking down at the necklace.

"Its all my fault...",she sniffled.

"What do you mean?", I stopped in my tracks.

"A few months back, Justine came to my apartment and threatened me."

-Flashback

"J-Justin...what the fuck do you think you're d-doing...?"

"You are going to do every fucken thing I tell you to do! You hear me!"

"Okay, okay...w-what do you w-want? Money, j-jewelry?"

Justin pushed Conilliouse into the house whilst still pointing a gun at her. He closed the door behind him with his back.

"I want you to call, Evanly and tell her to come to our home to pick up her things. Lie and tell her you'll meet her there! DON'T TELL ANYONE ABOUT THIS!"

Tears began filling her eyes.

"O-okay, o-okay, I won't...just please don't hurt me.", she sobbed.

"Don't try anything funny or I'll kill that unborn child of yours and that new boyfriend of yours!"

-End of Flashback!

"Conilliouse why didn't you say anything!" I was in shock, Conilliouse is pregnant!

"I was scared and I didn't want Dazel to be involved!", she whimpered.

"Damnit! Okay, do you know where h-he could've taken her?", I began pacing around.

"No...I'm so sorry, I should've said something.", she apologized.

"No, it's okay, we'll figure something out, just relax and don't stress yourself too much, it's not good for your baby.", I assured her.

"Okay, please be safe...",

"I will, thanks.", I hung up and called Danzel.

"Danzel! Evanly is missing!"

"What! Wait, slow down!"

"Danzel, Evenly is fucken missing!"

"What! When?", Danzel asked.

"Its been 2 weeks at least. I just got informed today, I'm at her place now."

"Alright, I'm coming, stay there.",

"Okay...", I hung up. I went up to her room and began looking through her things, again don't ask why. All her clothes were still in her drawers and closet. I also find her wedding photo, I  tore the picture in half.

She looked stunning in her white dress, she looked so happy but if only she had known what was going to happen, would she have done it anyways? God I hope she's safe wherever she is.

____

Evanly

I ran upstairs to a room at the end of the hallway and got inside, locking the door behind me. I ran into the bathroom and locked my self inside. I was in so much pain as I clenched my wound trying to stop the bleeding. I searched inside the carbords trying to find anything that could help me stop the bleeding. I found some alcohol. I tore off the sleeve of my shirt and poured the alcohol onto my wound and onto the cloth.

I screamed silently. The pain was unbearable, it hurt like hell. Tears were rolling down my cheeks, my heart was beating so fast, I was at the verge of passing out. I was loosing so much blood, I don't I'm going to make it.

I finished cleaning my wound and tried to wrap it up with my sleeve. Just as I crouched down to use the phone, I heard a bone chilling sound.

"EVANLY! Come out, come out wherever you are!!"

~To be continued...~