Their Support system - One shot

This story is just a Mini One shot story that is totally inspired from a Reel your Author watched on instagram today. Heck it's not even inspired but totally the Same story as that reel, But I really loved it so I couldn't help but publish it.

_________________________________________

In a simple printed suit a Lady walked out of her bedroom, Making her way towards the kitchen opening the Curtains on her way. It was just another Sunday morning, Although in Shanti Niwas every morning, or I can say every second is different and Difficult. Family members of Sharma Family, from Shanti Om Sharma the Lady of the house to Krish Sharma, Her grandson everyone is busy trying to be strong for their family. But in reality each one of them lives in fear, Fear of loosing their son, Husband, father, brother. Maybe that's what Happens in a Soldier's family. We can't even fantom their fear, can't even imagine the dread they live under.

Sakshi Sharma, wife of Commander Vikram Sharma. Walked around the kitchen preparing morning tea for herself and her In-laws. Once done with the Tea she walked to her In-laws room and gave them Tea after wishing good morning to them. She walked back to her room and kissed her son's forehead wishing him a very happy birthday and went to take a Bath.

Sakshi is a Teacher by profession, Who met Vikram as an Arranged marriage alliance called by her father. Although the two were quite different in nature they worked things out, molded each other into the other ones frame, They let the love bloom between them.

"Good morning mumma." Sakshi opened her eyes and saw her eight years old son standing infront of her as She chanted prayers and Prayed for her family. Her husband who is out there serving the Country.

"Good morning Mera baccha. Happy Birthday." Krish smiled and thanked his mother before he walked towards his Grandparents room. Leaving Sakshi back with Her thoughts.

"Maa, Bas aaj inka phone aa Jaye." A fear was present in her eyes as she prayed to Goddess Durga. Stepping out of the Temple room she walked to the hall where her family was present wishing Krish happy birthday whilst laughing and chuckling which came to an End as Krish saw Sakshi walking back to the Hall.

"Mumma, Papa ka call aaya?" Every single person was curious but even they knew not to point it out, Not to question it. Maybe if they won't ask then nothing bad will happen.

"Papa, papa ne kal bola tha baby vo pakka call karenge. Abhi, aap chalo Ready ho jao, phir aapka favourite Breakfast bhi banaya hai maine." Krish nodded and went back to the room. Being a kid who always saw his family scared of getting a call that was not His Father's, who never gets to see his father for than a month in an Year, who waits days or weeks for his father's call. He never complaints.

Sakshi sighed and walked to the kitchen preparing Krish's favourite Breakfast. Though the thought of her husband was lurking around. He didn't texted her last night, She talked to him two days back. She didn't knew what was going on but She knew she couldn't worry her family. She picked her phone and dropped him a Text wishing him a Good morning.

_________________________________________

As the day went by quickly with All of them making sure Krish doesn't gets upset since vikram haven't called yet. Krish was currently sitting in the bedroom watching News, Well that is Sharma family's favourite show. That is when he heard the news reporter saying how some officers got injured.

"Mumma!!" Terror was evident in his voice as little tears started gathering in his eyes.

"What happened Krish?"
"Mumma, papa ka phone aaya?" Sakshi's eyes went to the Television screen, Her heart sank but she smiled widely and kissed her son's cheek.

"Papa texted me, He said he will call late at night. Itti tension nayi lete, papa theek hain." Krish relaxed at his mother's words and Hugged her. That is when Naina, Vikram's sister entered the room and took Krish out with her for cake cutting. While Sakshi just stood there saying the same words she said to her son.

Krish cuts the cake, While everyone sang the song for him, Wishing him and feeding him cake. Sakshi on the other hand dropped another text to Vikram.

"Mumma." She smiled and Fed Krish some cake before They all had their Dinner. Krish was now trying his best to stay awake because he wanted to talk to his Papa but sleep took over him as He fell asleep on his Mother's shoulder while She walked around patting his Back.

"Sakshi, Beta Vikram se kuch baat Hui?" Shanti asked, Sakshi sighed before she smiled and nodded at her mother in law.

"Unka Message aa Gaya tha maa, Vo theek hain."
"Hmm, Tum bhi jaaker so Jao thak gayi hongi." She nodded and walked to her room and laid Krish on the Bed before She made herself comfortable on the bed looking at her phone's screen.

"Maa, Raksha karna mere vikram ki." She wiped the tears the slipped from her eyes before Hugging Krish close to her.

_________________________________________

It was 3 am in the morning when the Ring of Landline phone was heard in Shanti Niwas. It was not just a Random call, When the sound of Landline phone's ring Reached the family member's ears they knew what has happened, They somewhere knew whose call it might be.

"Mat Jaiye, Ho sakta hai koi Hume pareshaan karne ko itni raat gaye phone kar raha ho." Shanti said with Tears ready to slip from her eyes. Om just sighed and stood up.

He walked out of his room and saw his Daughter was also standing there looking at the phone.

"Papa ji, Aap rukiye mai dekhti hun." They heard Sakshi's voice, who stood closed her eyes Reassuring them as she walked to the phone with her Hands Shaking.

"Hello." 
"Mrs. Sharma.."
"Hey bhagwan." Sakshi sat on the dining chair as tears starting flowing out of her eyes. As all of her family members walked to her. Krish on the other hand didn't find his mother in the room and ran outside to see his mother sitting on the Chair crying.

"Mumma.. papa.. papa ko kuch ho gaya kya?" A sob escaped from sakshi's lips as She shook her head.

"Papa ka hi call hai betu." A breath of relief was taken by everyone present in the room as They happily chated With Vikram.

_______________________________________

A Soldier's family is indeed their Strongest support system, Behind every Armed officer protecting our country is their family who is standing Strong.

Thank you to every single Army officer and their family, If not for you all we won't be sleeping peacefully at our homes.

I mean no offense to anyone neither my intention was to copy, But I really liked this scene from a reel and wanted to share it with you.

Thank you 💗