Chapter 17: Manifest Destiny

I sighed as I slowly opened my eyes. I grinned as I looked down at my body. I nodded once. Good. I can feel the other energy sources flowing through me like Demonic Energy, Perfect Energy, Magic, Chakra, and others. I clenched my fist and felt the power within. I nodded once as I stood up. My eyes were now more powerful than ever before and so was I.

This is good and all, but I can't allow myself to grow stale nor complacent in my abilities. I might have trained them to near perfection for the past few hundred years, but there is still room for improvement. I thought.

I spread out my senses and blinked. "Ah, so they're all in the dining room." I said to myself as I smiled softly. I walked casually to the elevator and pressed the button to make my way back.

I closed my eyes, even though I was still able to see through my eyelids, and took a deep breath before exhaling, feeling the power flow through me as I did. Then the elevator dinged and the doors slid open, where I found Sai, Shiori, and Kaori all talking with each other joyously and preparing a meal together.

I stopped myself from approaching them when I saw them. It wasn't like I was admiring their beauty, how happy they were, or anything. It felt... odd. I realized that I had grown too much, too fast. In my eyes, their mental capacity was significantly lower than my own. It was something akin to a soldier who had fought tooth and nail through numerous wars returning home and seeing a regular civilian who was barely making a living. They were both the same age, but their mentality and their maturity were wildly different. One had been forced to see the horrors of war, an existence worse than Hell itself as at least no innocents could be found in Hell, while the other lived a mundane life.

Now amplify what that soldier felt by hundreds of times through several centuries of constant conflict, improvement, and strife and struggle. Even more so than an elite soldier. I sighed as I felt ostracized even here. Doesn't matter. I have a job to do. I told myself as I finally stepped off of the elevator. Once I had, the girls noticed me.

"Ah! Daisuke! How was... What happened to you?!" Sai said excitedly before freaking out as her Byakugan widened.

I tilted my head slightly before sucking in my aura into myself. "My apologies. It's been a long time since I've had to hold in my power." I stated simply.

Kaori blinked, "You seem more mature too. Like an old sage. What happened to you?"

I sighed as I folded my arms in front of myself, "What might have only been about a month or so for you was a few hundred years for me. In there I was trained by Ryomen Sukuna, a deity who had become one of the Honored Ones and an Enlightened One. Under him, I also became an Enlightened Being and I trained my abilities to near perfection in that time." I explained.

Sai narrowed her eyes. "You feel you don't belong here anymore, don't you." It was a statement, not a question.

I nodded. "For now, I must focus on obtaining the bijuu that were stolen from us and find and track down the rest of Madara's forces. At this point, a measure of force is the only way it can be done. Fight fire with fire, if you will. I will still train with you for a little longer but after that..." My eyes shone briefly as I narrowed my eyes upon Shiori Senju. I teleported in front of her and she stumbled and fell onto her bum.

"W-woah! You scared me there for a moment." Shiori said as she tried to push herself back up but I stopped her from moving with my telekinesis. "U-um... what's wrong, Daisu-"

"Before you dig yourself in a bigger hole... How long has Madara known we've been here, Senju Shiori?" I demanded.

Shiori's eyes flicked to the shocked faces of Sai and Kaori. "I-I don't-"