Chapter 14: ... And We Alone Are Responsible For Them (Part 2 of 3)

It took me seven days to find all the parts of everyone's corpses within Konoha and bury them on the outskirts of Konoha with Shiori's assistance. In the process we were able to find Kaori Aburame and Sai Kaguya.

I sighed as I prayed and wished for the farewell of those who sacrificed their lives for their idiotic leader. I slowly stood up and looked at the massive rows of buried people.

I clenched my fist, What makes this worse is that I was entrusted with the role of protecting you all as your Hokage. As the Clan Head of now two deceased clans, of both Uchiha and Hyuga. I took a deep breath to calm myself.

"Oi! Daisuke! What are you... oh." Shouted out Sai until she spotted me.

Sai Kaguya was a beauty in her own right. She had short white hair that went just past her shoulders, cyan blue eyes, and three bony horns sticking out of her forehead. She, unlike Shiori and Kaori, was on the smaller side in terms of thickness. She had a B-cup size chest that barely showed with her black t-shirt and baggy white sweater with the Kaguya clan symbol on it. She had on dark grey yoga pants instead of any ninja gear and white sneakers. Strapped to her waist was a katana made of bones inside of a hardened leather scabbard with a sash to hold it.

"Sorry... I didn't mean to intrude on your-"

I shook my head and forced a smile, "No, it's alright. I just finished." I said as I joined her side.

She looked up at me worriedly, a slight pout on her face, "I really didn't mean to interrupt. I know you take some time out of each day to pray for them and all..." She said.

While Sai really couldn't care less about most of the village as the village had basically hated her since birth, that wasn't so with me. When we first met, we instantly bonded and became friends and it wouldn't be until a year before my thirteenth birthday that we'd actually start seeing each other in a romantic light.

My smile changed to a real, comfortable, smile. "I really had just finished my prayers. The dead deserve to be honored, even if it should be temporary until I regain my former strength and surpass it." I looked over at her, "But what about you? How is your training coming along?" I asked.

She sighed, "My bone manipulation has become more interesting lately but..." She gave me a coy smile, "I was calling you over because dinner's ready. Kaori and Shiori are already there."

I blinked. Then I gathered my face to be as serious and deadly as possible and stared at her, "Who was the chef?" I asked.

She gave me a fanged smirk, "Don't worry, it was Kaori this time."

My face split into a bright smile as fake tears fell down my face, "Oh thank goodness! I won't have to use RCT for three days straight again!" I weeped in joy.

Now don't get me wrong. Shiori was the sweetest, kindest, and most outspoken lady I knew. But she was born with absolutely zero talent and comprehension of the existence of cooking, let alone knowing how to make anything that wouldn't have just put Madara into a box and nailed it shut.

We continued to walk next to each other as I asked after a brief pause, "What was it like? Your past, I mean."

Sai looked down slowly as she frowned. "Well... it wasn't easy. It wasn't nearly as bad as your past life or... well, as things are now, your current one. But my parents abandoned me when I was five and I was "sold" to you as essentially your concubine not much longer after that. Everyone, everywhere I went, beat me, discriminated against me, and loathed my existence. They viewed me as something worse than a spider or pest in your house." She sighed as a bone claw shot out from her wrist and looked down at it somberly, "A monster, a freak, an inhuman. They didn't see me as human in any way. They viewed me as they would a monster hiding in the dark at night."