Chapter 16: Sukuna Gives Out Lessons to His Student

Sukuna smirked as he watched Daisuke from afar, training as he began working on his Enlightenment to becoming someone devoid of restraint. To walk a path without the shackles placed on him by his lineage, his past life, and the pressure and burden he held as The Strongest.

Ryomen Sukuna stood in his True Heian Era Form as he watched Daisuke with pride. His Enlightenment will be greater than mine or that of his father, Satoru Gojo. Greater than even that boy Yuji Itadori would've become given time.

With Kenjaku's plotting, Itadori Yuji was supposed to walk his own path and awaken to a separate and far greater power than cursed energy or reverse cursed energy combined. Kenjaku might've seemed indifferent to Yuji's, his own son's, plight but in actuality it couldn't be further from the truth. Kenjaku did care about Yuji, but he knew he couldn't interfere in his growth.

And while Sukuna would never outright admit it, his actions hold to be something on a similar level to it. He didn't so much care about the boy as he did hold high expectations of him. Every once in a while his true thoughts on the boy would squeak by. Times like when Yuji was defeated by Choso, who is one of the top ten Special Grades and fought alongside Yuki Tsukumo and pushed Kenjaku, as "nothing" to Yuji who didn't even have a cursed technique at the time.

Clearly, in their own ways, Kenjaku and Sukuna both saw great potential in Yuji but masked their thoughts well.

Sukuna, however, had no need to hide it from this boy too much. Daisuke was used to the harshness of the world and had thrived and grown from it, looking at the world through a pragmatic and realist's view. The only reason why it had even distorted as much as it had was due to his first time ever possessing such overwhelming strength and his mind being swamped with so many expectations he had never once had in his previous life. He grew cocky, arrogant, and boastful.

Sukuna's eyes widened slightly as the previous prone form of Daisuke picked himself off of the watery floors and his eyes glowed as he looked up at Sukuna, shining with a new kind of light within them. He's already achieved Enlightenment? But it's only been nine months... Sukuna then grinned widely, I knew I was right to make that Binding Vow with this boy's mother. It took me nearly a decade to achieve my True Enlightened Form but this boy... he's achieved it in nine months!

Daisuke slowly picked himself up and tilted his head as he regarded Sukuna completely different from before, a small smirk crossing his lips. "So... what's next now, Ryomen?"

Sukuna sighed as he walked up to Daisuke and asked, "So... have you seen the True Jujutsu of this world then, boy?" Sukuna demanded.

Daisuke nodded slowly. "I have. Jujutsu is not so weak that it is restrained by the confines of things like one type of cursed energy that is formed by the negative thoughts of humans. It expands beyond it through leaps and bounds and therefore allows us to manipulate and wield Jujutsu in numerous different ways and change it to how we see fit, to better aid ourselves." Daisuke responded with a passive look on his face. He looked down at his hands and stated, "Open, Black Box." Fire sprang to life in one hand and ice in the other. The fire and ice moved in irregular ways yet flowed smoothly around Daisuke as if it were just another part of his existence, just as breathing was instinctual to us humans.

Then it vanished in an instant as Daisuke looked up at Sukuna. Sukuna folded his arms as he stated, "Your next task is to fight me with everything you have and defeat me. It doesn't matter if you kill me here as we aren't really alive here to begin with." Sukuna stated as he turned around and began walking away. This boy and his sheer talent far eclipses anyone I've seen from my long life and existence. I have seen Okkotsu Yuta, Itadori Yuji, Fushiguro Megumi, Uraume, Gojo Satoru, Higuruma Hiromi, Kenjaku, Zenin Maki, Hakari Kinji, Mahito, Jogo, Kashimo Hajime, and countless others with incredible power and talent. None of them, even combined, hold a candle to this boy's sheer talent in all things. In the six months he's been training his utmost, he's already pushed all of his Cursed Techniques beyond their limits and improved his Limitless abilities even more so. Let's see how far he's grown now that he's become Enlightened to True Jujutsu.