Chapter 9: The Pieces to a Broken Puzzle...

I stopped walking abruptly as I tilted my head, pulling my consciousness into my mindscape where time didn't flow.

Now, my mindscape wasn't anything like Naruto's. It wasn't some empty barren cage. It wasn't this spot with water beneath my feet and a giant red metal cage holding a giant nine-tailed biju or massive red walls. No, it was nothing like that at all.

My mindscape actually looked a lot like when I was pulled away to speak with Kurashiki. It only had the blue and red shrine that were much smaller and the massive black pillar in the center that was radiating a small amount of energy. The ground was still moving black liquid and the sky still had that strange cracked moon.

The only difference was that I had company that wasn't an Otsutsuki this time.

"Shukaku, Son Goku, and Kokuo. Good to see you all again." I stated with a small smile.

They all smiled at me as Shukaku continued with an annoyed look, "The world you came from and the one you were reincarnated into... I don't believe they are the same. You know this, you have seen it for yourself but... you're worried, aren't you? That you won't know what comes next."

I sighed, rubbing the back of my head. "I will admit, that is certainly a part of the reason why I am so... hesitant. I know the greatness that they are all capable of. While Naruto is certainly still an incredibly powerful Hokage without the biju and rikudo, it is just... different. He won't be able to save the world alongside Sasuke without the biju or rikudo stepping in." I said.

Kokuo pondered over my words a bit before speaking up, "Then take on their burdens."

I blinked, "Huh? But this world needs them! I can't just come waltzing in and -!"

"You already have, Gojo Daisuke. You have changed history from your old world irrevocably and this world already isn't the same as the one you knew. Sasuke and Naruto are both females and, adding Hinata to the list, are all your close friends. Orochimaru is after you instead of Sarui and while you might have allowed the Uchiha Massacre to take place, you completely changed history by helping Sarui with the loss and hatred she felt in that moment and by saving Mikoto. You stood up for her and now she views you as a hero and strives to grow through love instead of hate. You are set to become the Fifth Hokage in only a few years because of your influence right after you showed to the world that you, at the ripe age of six years old, possessed enough power, hax, skill, knowledge, and battle intuition to defeat the God of Shinobi, aka the Third Hokage. You are the first and only child to have the bloodline of the Uchiha, Hyuga, Yamanaka, Nara, Senju, Kaguya, and Aburame flowing through you all at once and you have been made the Head of the Uchiha clan and, in time, the Hyuga clan as well. You are set to be married to numerous women already. Where's your excuse of not wanting to change too much?" Kokuo pointed out.

My eyes widened as I visibly winced at the good points she was making. She had lots of good points there. I walked around with two different attitudes and they were heavily conflicting and confusing. On one hand, I wanted things to be more or less the same so I could prepare for the future and ensure that Nagisa and Sarui reach their full potential but on the other, I wanted things to change for the better and support the people I had grown to care for in this world. But they were too conflicting to coexist with how I was handling things.

I rubbed the back of my head and looked up at Shukaku, Son Goku, and Kokuo. I released a long sigh as I looked back down. I will still help them grow but... I will prioritize myself and the safety of this world. I thought. I looked up at them and nodded, "I will do what I must. I will take on this world's burdens as my own and... even the fate of this world. But I won't abandon my friends like that. I will make them stronger as well." I stated.