Chapter 5

Victorias POV

It's been a week now. I've been avoiding Roman since I woke up in his bed and accused him of placing me there. I can't face him, it was just too embarrassing.

He hasn't made the move to speak to me but he keeps leaving me his card when he leaves. I don't know if that's a good sign or if he just wants me out his way and he's assuming I just want his money. I haven't touched it, I mean I still have my own money saved up that'll last me.

It won't last you forever. Shut up.

I shake the thought away. Right now I am in the kitchen, the sun is already up. The clock on the oven read 10:00. I haven't eaten in two days. I'm not sure why but I always do this to myself. I could starve myself to the point where it felt like my stomach was eating itself.

It was just a habit I developed after my mom. My relationship with food isn't the best. My father would have cared less if I ate as long as I was there at night to heat up a warm meal for him.

I snap back and grab the strawberries and yogurt from the fridge. When I turn around, I bump into a hard wall.

"You've been avoiding me, Lisichka." I look up from his black shirt into his gray eyes a frown forms on my face. Really Roman? Right when I was just getting the hang of avoiding you I wanted to say but instead.

I clear my throat and slip away from him grabbing a bowl from the cabinet, turning to the island I scoop yogurt into the bowl. "I don't think I have," my voice squeaks. I don't bother making eye contact but I know he's staring.

He hums and I hear clattering in the same cabinet I was just in. I huff my manners getting the best of me, "would you like some?" I raise the yogurt and strawberries which he nods to, handing me his own bowl.

Hopefully he just takes this when I make it for him and walks away. I chop the strawberries up and my hands shake knowing he's analyzing me as if I'm making a potion.

"Do you have granola?" This was going to be plain without the crunch. He doesn't reply, instead opens a cupboard and grabs the honey granola, handing it to me. "Thanks," I sprinkle granola over both of our bowls of yogurt and then add the strawberries, jamming a spoon into his bowl.

I slid him his bowl making my way to the stool in front of the island. There were three neatly lined up. My bowl was in front of me. I was hungry but the thought of eating it made me grow nauseous.

When I no longer see him through my peripheral I assume he's leaving, but instead he plops down in the seat next to me. Taking a bite of his own he hums. "You Americans really do make random things taste good." He's trying to start a conversation.

I rest my elbow on the counter. "Yep," I dryly hum. He continues eating yet all I've accomplished is holding the spoon in my hand. "What's wrong?" He looks wearily between the spoon and I. I shake my head digging the spoon into the yogurt and bringing it up to my mouth taking a small bite.

He's finished his bowl and I've been trying to not look suspicious but he's just watching me. "Victoria?" I turn my gaze to him. "You haven't touched your food." I sigh, putting the spoon in the yogurt. "I lost my appetite," I lie huffing.

Please believe me.

Please leave.

"Oh really?" He raises his eyebrow at me for a moment. My stomach gives my fib up as a loud growl emerges from it. I roll my eyes embarrassed going to get up but he puts a hand on my thigh. "Sit." His tone was demanding and I don't want to upset him right now. He takes my bowl in his hands and takes the spoon scooping up the yogurt with some strawberry and not leaving the granola out. I turn to him, my eyebrows furrowing as he levels the spoon to my mouth.