Chapter 4

Romans POV

A moment ago for the first time in months, I was sound asleep. An addicting floral scent fills my nostrils as I adjust to the darkness of my room. I felt a head turn on my chest and I went to sit up when a tired whine comes from on top of my chest.

Looking down it was dark but I knew it was her and not some random girl. Her curly hair strands tickled my chest. She slept soundly. She wasn't in that tight dress rather a cool silky material clung to her. Then I remember she somehow managed to not only change into her own nightgown but she was able to take her makeup off.

I throw my head against the headboard. Last night Victoria fell asleep after her tantrum and I had to drag her out of our reception like a damn child, we'd gotten home, she was still groggy but she refused to lay down in her bed until she took off the dress and makeup.

"Aghh," she looked like she wanted to cry like her body was physically strained. I would tell her to go to bed but I know I'd only receive her childish side eye. I observe her my weight on the door frame of her bathroom she's managed to fill with her items and organize already.

"Ivy would kill me if I went to bed without taking my makeup off." She lazily wipes her eyes and huffs. Ivy? I register the name and watch her as she throws what looks to be a silky bonnet.

She wore a cream silky night gown that barely passed her curved ass, if she bent down she'd be exposed. I bite the inside of my cheek, lifting my eyes up to her exposed neck. It was a beautiful blank canvas and if she wasn't drunk right now and didn't hate me I don't know what would stop me from marking it.

"Hey Asshole," my eyes snap to her brown almond ones. I clear my throat. She walks past me, her bare shoulder brushing against my chest which was covered by my black button up. She gets into her bed, her eyebrows furrowing. 

"Are you going to watch me sleep in the dark too, perv?" There it is.

I straighten up not saying a word taking my leave. After I'd left, assuming she was asleep I'd taken a long shower and then thrown on a pair of boxers laying in my bed. I knew it would be another sleepless night.

It was around three am now and usually I'd just lay here, restless or call Emory. She was always available. For anything at any time. Until a knock sounded through my door and when I opened it there she was rubbing her eyelid dried tears stained her brown face.

"Can I lay with you?"

I feel my jaw clench. No. I should've said no. Now me, a 6'3 175 pound man was held captive in my bed by a 5'9 130 pound woman. Her bonnet at her feet rather than her head. I sit up and her hand wraps around me. I freeze.

After two more failed attempts I even tried to use a frickin pillow, I sigh and run a hand over my buzzcut. Extending my hand I grab my phone from where it laid charging. Opening my messages, texts from my mother and sister flooded my phone.

It's like they can't go two seconds without texting in this group chat.

Skimming over my texts it's my sister complaining to my mom about boarding school. My mom going back and forth with her and Ivans unnecessary 2 cents. Noa hates boarding school; she calls everyone snobs. And her fuck the system mindset has only peaked more from it.

The boarding school life was good for me, but if my sister doesn't like it I'm on her side. It's always been like that. Ever since Ivan left Noa and I grew closer my mother and father say I spoil her but I don't think I do. It's just if she wants something and I agree she should be able to have it.

I exit the chat after reacting to my moms message to a family dinner sometime next week with a thumbs up. I place my phone back down groaning. I feel her head lift from my chest and her back is to me as she didn't even open her eyes to sit up.