Chapter Thirty-Three: Abducted|Twisted Fates(✿◠‿◠)

"What's on your mind? You've been absent-minded lately?" Eros sits beside me on the couch and pulls me to his side

"What's on your mind? You've been absent-minded lately?" Eros sits beside me on the couch and pulls me to his side. I lay my head where his heart is, letting its rhythm calm my wandering mind.

"Anything and everything," I whisper. "I want this nightmare to end, but I don't know what I'm supposed to do afterward. I'm silly and irrational, but those thoughts won't stop tormenting me day at night."

I'm not worried about Stephen because I've lived around him my whole life. He's greedy but foolish; he's foolishly greedy. Life has taught me that you're prone to failure when you go into something with the wrong intentions. It's only a matter of time for that to happen. But what's in store for me afterward?

Ophelia has her career and life to return to. Dion -her boyfriend- has his empire and kingdom to run -God, it feels weird to say kingdom- and then there's their relationship. Relationships are time-consuming. Eros has his multi-millionaire company to handle and his pack. Then there's me, an unemployed, homeless University student. I have so much time on my hands but nothing to do and no one to share it with.

"Look at me," he cradles my face with his massive, veiny hands. It's one of the things I love most about him, by the way. I find it as sexy as ripped abs or muscular thighs. "I've been proclaiming my love, but you never take me seriously. Listen carefully to every word I say to get it through your pretty little brain. You, Angelina, are my girl, the woman of my life. After you, your sister, and your parents are safe, I have no intention of letting you out of my sight. You'll reach for your dreams, and I'll be supporting you every step of the way."

"I love you," I blurt out. I cup my mouth in disbelief and gaze at Eros's stormy gray eyes with my wide brown wide-eyed eyes. "I...ugh - I should go." I exclaim, hurrying off the couch, but Eros softly tugs at my wrist, sending me back to the couch and in his arms.

"I love you. So darn much it hurts." He places his lips on mine, sending chills down my spine. My heart rate rises, and my palms sweat as I reciprocate the kiss.

It feels like I'm having my first kiss all over again, only it's more mind-blowing and sincere.

Can an awkward peck on the lips for two seconds count as a first kiss? I hope not.

His firm hands find their way to my waist, and I enclose mine around his neck.

"Oh, God, I'm sorry." The sound of something dropping to the floor breaks us out of our bubble. My mother is standing at my door, shocked with flushed cheeks.

My mum caught me and Eros kissing.

It takes a while to sink in, but when it does, it makes me want to run far away from the embarrassment.

I sprint past my dumbfounded mum and out of the room.

Where do I go?

To the garden?

No, it's late and too dark. I'll be terrified.

My feet stop in front of Ophelia's door. I reluctantly raise my hand, torn between knocking and disrupting her sleep or moving on. I opt for the first.