Chapter Twenty-Five: When Feelings Become A Reality| Twisted Fates(❁'◡'❁)

"Will you go out with me?" His question replays in my mind

God, why can't I ever make up my mind? I'm so indecisive sometimes that I frustrate myself, let alone others. It might be like a simple answer, yes or no, but it gets complicated when processed more. Dion doesn't go unnoticed by me, but are my feelings deep enough to pursue something more with him? I'm his mate, which means a relationship will probably lead to marriage and kids, and I'll have to rule his pack alongside him. It is the natural progression of things, but responsibilities like this scare me off. The dealbreaker will be my feeling for him, but even I can't figure out that!

I should ask for some time to process things and finalize my decision. But as I'm about to do so, Dion looks like his mind is traveling a thousand miles: his eyes have turned black, and his head is tilted down and to the side as if he's trying to hear something.

"We have to go! I'll take you to the house!" He exclaims, forcefully grabbing my wrist and dragging me off.

"But I didn't give you my answer!" I blurt out, perplexed.

"You'll tell me later, think it through more and I'll find you later." He shifts into his wolf form and kneels so I can climb onto his back.

Something dangerous is happening, and he wants me out of harm's way, so I better do as he says, and I'll figure it out along the way. Therefore, I climb onto his back, looping my arms around his neck, jerking when he starts abruptly sprinting back to the house. I wonder if I will ever get used to this werewolf nature. As much as I try to wrap my head around this, whenever he transforms, I view an animal, but now he's like me, a human. I must admit that running through the forest on his back is refreshing. As he runs, the wind hits my face full force, providing relief from the heat, and the scenery is incredible.

As we approach the house, I descend from his back and accompanied by some pack members, Dion vanishes into the forest. Angelina is staring longingly at their retreating backs. She can fool everyone, even herself, but she can't fool me; Angelina has fallen hard for Eros. Love is rooted in her heart for him, and she fears for his safety.

"He'll make it back safe, believe in him. Let's head inside in case anything happens, We don't want to worry them further, do we?" I rotate her around, softly prompting her to go inside. I cast one last glance at where I saw Dion last and closed the door.

~

Can someone prevent me from exploding on Angelina? I know she's distressed about Eros's safety, but I am too about Dion's. I'm studying to take my mind off things, but I can't concentrate when she's pacing up and down, pulling her hair, biting on her nails, and constantly opening the curtain to catch a glimpse outside.

"You'll make a hole in the ground with the number of times you've paced up and down," I comment, expecting a reaction out of her, but she remains apathetic.

"Did you express your feeling to Eros, or was he the one to do so?" As I presumed, Angelina raises her head to meet my eyes with her wide ones.

"How did you know? No such thing happened!" She cries out, her eyes wide open and her cheeks red.

We have a stare-down, and Angelina is the first to look away. "I haven't expressed my feelings yet. I was supposed to go through with it tonight, but I don't know whether he'll be here or if Eros will have enough patience to listen to me."

"The man is head over heels! You confessing your feelings will brighten his day!"

Angelina's face morphs into an enormous smile because I gave her hope.

Will I be shameless to inquire about her feelings? Hear me out! I have never been in love with anyone, so I do not indicate where my feelings are leading me. Do I find him attractive? Do I like him? Is it love? Angelina has been in love before and is in love now, too. I believe she can help me come to terms with my feelings and give a proper answer to Dion's question.

"How did you know you fell in love with Eros?"

Her eyebrows raise in surprise, and a ghost smile appears. Angelina is aware of why I'm asking but doesn't press further. If she does, it will shut me down, and I won't want to hear any of it.

"I will speak from my experience, and you make what you want from it. Personally, when I'm in love, I can't wait to see the person. When I see him, my heart beats faster, and I'm easily flustered. I desire to share my day with the person I love, and I'm worried about his safety."

The answer to each of these questions is positive. Does this mean I'm in love with him? Surely everyone experiences love differently, and maybe it's different for me.

"Do you feel like-?" Angelina begins to speak, but our mother barges into the room frantic.

" Dion is hurt and is currently being transported to the infirmary." She cries.

That sentence alone was enough for my previous thoughts to fly out the window and for safety concerns to replace them.

"Take me to the infirmary now." I not so politely ask my mother.

She nods and runs down the corridor with Angelina and me in tow. We arrive at the infirmary, and I push open the door to the room where he's being treated.

Seeing him laying on a bed silent and unresponsive, breaks my heart. I'm used to gaining his attention whenever I appear in front of him, but now he's battered with an oxygen mask providing Oxygen to breathe.

I grab his hand tenderly, softly stroking his thumbs.

"Are you sure you're not in love with him?"

I turn to Angelina, who I didn't know had entered the room.

I stare at her, dumbfounded, letting her words sink in. She's right! I care a lot about Dion!

Oh my God! I'm in love with Dion!