Chapter Eight: The revelation and the Meeting|Twisted Fates (❁'◡'❁)

Eros and I have our gazes hooked on the video

Eros and I have our gazes hooked on the video. The CCTV footage from Hook's dressing room finally made it into our hands. It was with illegal measures, but we got the job done. "Can't we skip it? Why do we have to watch them clean the room?" This guy has been getting on my nerves. I want to tell him to fuck off, but I keep holding it in. In the end, I might even punch him. He tries to press forward, but when he sees my glare, he detracts his hand as if he touched fire.

I stretch in my chair, but my eye catches something. I go back a little bit, and soon enough, there she is. My mate is entering Hook's dressing room with the person managing Hook. "Is that your mate?" Eros asks as he takes a closer look at her. Even though the gaze is that of a curious person, a growl emits from my throat. My wolf doesn't like any other male staring at my mate. "Yes, she is," I answer. "Wow! They look like two drops of water!" He is valid, but because she's my mate, I can tell the difference between them. My mate is taller and more athletic. Although her eyes are brown in the sunlight, they can pass as green.

We check the CCTV footage, and no one else enters the room. No one except Angelina Hooks enters the dressing room. Not even thirty minutes later, Ophelia exits the room with the manager. If her outfit isn't an indication that she is Hook, then I don't know what is. She is dressed in cycling shorts and a sports bra while wearing the signature Hook robe. She has the hood one, but I can tell from the physique and the scent that she's the one.

"Wait, so this Hook guy isn't a guy? She's your mate?" Eros questions, baffled. "How can a little thing like her take down so many men twice her size?" I shrug my shoulders. I have no idea, but my wolf is proud to have her as a soulmate. She will make a great Queen and mother to our future pups. "I'll schedule a meeting with her no matter what. You go meet with your mate." Eros looks at me, determined. "Good luck," he says, throwing his suit jacket on and heading off. I send a message to my assistant to arrange a meeting today, and Hook has to be present. I don't know how, but my mate has to come.

~

I go through my contracts, occasionally glancing at the clock. At 6 pm, the meeting will be taking place at my company. At first, the manager hesitated, but when he saw we weren't backing down, he vowed they would be here. I'm waiting for the minutes to pass to see her again. I miss being in her presence, although we won't be alone. "They're here. I escorted them to the conference room. Whenever you're ready, you can join them." I thank him and set aside my work. My mate comes first, then comes work.

"Good evening." I greet them as I enter the conference room and sit at the head of the table. The manager replies with the same greeting back, but she mumbles something. Thanks to my advanced hearing, I heard everything she mumbled. "It would have been good if I wasn't here. I have to sit through this boring meeting." She looks magnificent. She can pull anything off, but she looks even better when she's not trying hard. "It's nice to put a face to the name. Although, I'm surprised to find a female instead of a male." "Why? Because women are weak?" The manager turns to her, panicked. "Excuse her. She's tired from her last fight." I wave it off. I love to see her have a backbone. She doesn't take shit from anyone. I can tell she's going to be a handful.

"What's the reason we're here? From what I know, we have no unfinished business." Straight to the point. I like it. "We're looking to venture into boxing. We aim to produce boxing equipment. We value quality, so we thought you would be the best person to help us design and test the equipment. That's only if you want to." The manager whispers something in her ear, and she nods. For a couple of seconds, she stays silent. "Alright, but I'll have to check the contract first. Every meeting we'll have has to be according to my schedule. I have to train and a lot of fights coming up." "Deal," I say, extending my hand. We shake hands, and I can see she's affected. She shudders, and her composure shifts. She brushes it off and detracts her hand. "If that is all, I would like to be excused." I nod and motion for her manager to get going. "I trust you're not going to reveal my identity. We're both business people after all." "It's none of my business your identity," I assure her. She nods, and they leave after bidding me goodbye.

Step one is complete. I have succeeded in securing regular contact. Now I have to crack through her walls and bond with her. I'll reveal my identity to her when she is comfortable with me. It'll take a while because she looks like a tough person to crack. It's going to be worth the wait. In the meantime, I have to demolish every danger that could potentially harm her. There are a lot of rogues appearing on the borders nowadays. It's almost like someone tipped them off. For now, they have no idea about her, but it won't take long for them to find out. I have to arrange for security when she's out. They will be following her in the shadows in case anything happens. She can't know, or else she'll have my head. That's until I can have her in my arms and protect her, myself.