Chapter Sixty-Seven

1.9k words

Batuu

(Y/n)'s POV
That lump of tin knocked me unconscious again.

I was knocked out and kidnapped three times in less than 24hours. If I wasn't so disturbed about a particular presence I experienced before passing out, then I'd have more frustration aimed towards him. But at the moment, other than my constant abduction, something tonight had me startled beyond belief.

I felt a presence that I've never felt before, and it was dark. It was cold. It was the complete opposite of anything good. It made me sick. I don't even know what it was, and I was filled with dread.

What was it? Who was it?

As I awoke, I came to notice I was in the cockpit of a ship, seated in the co-pilot spot and covered with a warm blanket. I glanced to my left, following tin-man's breathing. He was resting in the pilot seat, leaning back with his arms crossed. His head was tilted the side and he was somewhat facing my direction. I even froze for a moment, wondering if I was unknowingly looking

The more I look at him, the more I'm coming to realize that he was asleep. But I had to make sure. I stuck my tongue at him to see if he'd react — nothing. Then I flipped him off — nothing.

I looked at at the hyperspace lights, then at the destination in the system. I furrowed my brows, the destination doesn't exist. The coordinates, the planet, the system, all of it is leading somewhere that will take us right off the edge of the galaxy.

That's not home like he promised..

I fidgeted in my seat, trying my best not to make any noise as I slowly got up. My gaze remained on him, I waited for a reaction or any indication that he may be awake. Silence.

I reached for the navigation system so I could put us on a path to Coruscant, "Leave it," I paused at the sound of his deep voice, followed by his heavy breathing, "I'm not foolish enough to fall asleep while I'm meant to keep an eye on you. I've been watching you this entire time."

I faced him, tears in my eyes, "You said you'd take me home," I then pointed to our destination on the screen, "That is not my home. That's not even a real place."

"It's a real place," He sat up, "And stop over-worrying, I told you I'd take you home, so I'm going to. This is on the way."

"You keep telling me that, but I have no reason to trust you."

He shrugged, "It's the only option you have."

"I could kill you and use your tin to repair my Master's ship." I shrugged back, crossing my arms, "That's another option."

He laughed.

"You don't have the ability to do that, that's why you have yet to really try." He stood and immediately made me so small in comparison, "You can feel it (y/n), I know you can. I'm stronger than a thousand of you combined, I could crush you with just a pinch of my fingers." He brushed his nails against my cheek, "But don't worry, I won't."