Chapter Twenty-Seven

Second update of the day! Gif above is the guy I chose for Devin(Lorenzo Zurzolo)

2.2k words

Devin

(Y/n)'s POV
I made my way to Master Yoda's chambers and sat in a chair across from him as he sat cross-legged on a round cushioned seat — Ahsoka remained outside, waiting for me, "What do you mean no?" I am not proud to say that I whined like a child.

Master Yoda tapped his cane on the floor, his way of saying his motion has been decided, "No." He repeated his answer, "Continue to train with Skywalker, you will."

"But-"

He raised his claw to silence me, "Argue with me, do not. My final decision this is."

And it's a stupid one.

I squeezed the sides of the chair in frustration, "Yes Master," I forced out through my clenched jaw, all I wanted to do was argue. But when it comes to Master Yoda, there is no use in arguing, he can almost never be swayed when his mind has been made. And I also don't want to be on the receiving end of his infamous cane strikes. For a little guy, he hits hard.

"Anything else, you wish to discuss?" He questioned.

For a moment I thought about my force echo, but then I remembered what Anakin had told me and I decided against sharing out of fear, "No Master," I stood up, "Thank you for your time." I gave him a bow of respect even though I was immensely irritated with him. But still, they drill the notion 'respect your elders' into our minds the moment they bring us to this temple.

He bowed back and I turned away to leave the room. The moment I stepped into the hallway, I was met with Anakin leaning against the far wall, a smug look on his face, "So how did it go?"

Judging by his expression, he knew how it went. I scoffed, "Where is Ahsoka?" I made a left and headed towards our rooms where I'm hoping to have a long and undisturbed nap.

"Obi-Wan needed her for something but don't worry she'll be back," He caught up to me and matched my pace so we were walking side-by-side. I tried to pick up my speed to get away from him, but he only did the same, "You didn't answer my question. How did it go?" Again, he sounded smug.

"Shut up, you know exactly how it went," I made a right and walked in-front of him as I did so he had to stop to avoid bumping into me.

I was nearly jogging as I made my way to my room, but of course, he was right behind me. Anakin grabbed my arm to stop me and spun me around to face him, "You need to stop with your attitude. I'm not the one that's in the wrong here, you are," He poked my chest and I took one step back, "You turned the ship when you shouldn't have and saved someone who may or may not be a danger to you, so excuse me for being a bit pissed about it." He let go of my arm and walked past me, hitting my shoulder with his as he did.

I don't care how mad he is, I regret nothing.

"I'll be awaiting your apology, padawan." He sneered aloud, before passing by our rooms and disappearing from my view around the corner at the end of the hall.

I snorted as I continued on my way to my room that was now just ahead, "I wouldn't hold my breath, Master." I mumbled to myself as I waved my bedroom door open. I stepped inside and closed it behind me as I flicked on the lights.

The first thing I noticed was my luggage on my bed from the trip, which either Anakin brought up here or he had a droid do it because I know I left it behind in the cockpit of the ship. I opened up one of the bags and pulled out the nightlight Anakin made for me and placed it on my nightstand with a sigh — I know he has a kind side, I just wish I saw it more.