Chapter Fifty

3.2k words

Remorseful

Luke's POV
I couldn't get out of his hold, as much as I hate to admit it, he's stronger than me.

A lot stronger.

As soon as I reached him and he placed his hands on my head, an alarm blared throughout the room and there were loud echoes of it in the hallways as well. It distracted him enough for me to head butt him, thus causing him to loosen his grip and drop me to the floor. He nursed his nose with a groan and I scrambled to my feet as fast as I could before bolting out of the door. I may not be able to overpower him when it comes to the force, but I sure as hell have an advantage when it comes to youth.

I ran as fast as I could, shoving troopers aside and disarming them before they could get out any shots out. I slammed a few into the wall with my body, and stole the gun of another before shooting him in the chest, "Luke!" Vader yelled at the top of his lungs, lights in the hall flickering in response to his rage.

I used the force to grab the soldier standing in my way and flipped him behind me, towards my angry father. I know he was able to get a small glimpse into my head, and it scared me because I don't know exactly what he saw. But I wasn't sticking around to find out only so he could look deeper in.

He waved the trooper out of his way, slamming him into a wall. And these actions went on repeat until I made a quick right, but he was not far behind. I was up in the air in seconds with soldiers entering the hall, "Just let me go!" I thrashed around as he came closer, his steps heavy and filled with authority.

"Who do you have with you?" He demanded to know.

"No one," I answered honestly. I don't have anyone... except Master Yoda, but he would never come here. Not even for me.

He narrowed his amber eyes, not believing me, "Don't play stupid. You purposely got caught because you wanted to distract me so your little friend could get on-board." This narcissist swears he's always right.

"No—" I was going to continue my argument, but the sound of something dropping onto the floor caught everyone's attention. Then, in a matter of seconds, the entire room was filled with thick smoke that made it hard to breathe. And what made it worse is that whoever dropped it in the first place, dropped at least two more, making it impossible to see.

I could hear coughing coming from my Father, while the troopers, who were protected by their helmets, searched for the intruder. The thick smoke clouded their ability to see, so they were going nowhere except into each other and the walls. They were arguing with each other like a couple of teenage boys, while my Father and I continued to cough like our lives depended on it.

One of them bumped into me right as I had pushed myself to my feet, knocking me right back down, "Luke!" My father yelled in search of me, before he began to cough again after another smoke bomb was dropped.

It seems the power he holds can't protect him from everything.

I was trying to crawl away even though I couldn't see through the smoke and my watery eyes, but I knew this was the best chance I had. Moments later after believing I was going to get trampled to death, I felt a pair of hands grab ahold of me, "I'm your eyes kid, let's go and don't trip." A man's voice mumbled into my ear as he pulled me to my feet and led me a specific direction.

Since he had spoken low I didn't recognize who he was at first, but after a few seconds of processing it, it hit me. If my eyes had the ability to widen, they would have, "Uncle Cal?" I said between coughs that I was trying to suppress, "I thought you were—"