Chapter Twenty-Five

2.1k words

The Feeling is Mutual

(Y/n)'s POV
"It's fine, I got the bags," I glared at my Master as I dropped both mine and his bags on the cockpit floor. Padme had her own, which she gently set down against the wall.

Anakin nodded, his eyes glued to the droid he rolled up the ramp, "Cool, thanks." He responded, completely missing my sarcasm. He bent down and inspected his new friend as I pressed the button for the ramp to close, "You two know how to fly, right?" He asked as he stood up and began rolling the droid out of the cockpit and towards the door which led to the bacn of the ship. Which is where I remember him mentioning he keeps his tools and a small workbench.

"Not reall—and he's gone," I sighed when he disappeared from my view and I dropped myself down into the co-pilot seat. He really just ditched me for droid; either that or he's still avoiding me like he has been since the meadows. I still don't fully understand what happened, but on the bright side, he cut the training early to mediate far away from me. So I had plenty of time to gather flowers and even herbs with medicinal properties that I think will benefit us in the future — I already stored them away on this ship somewhere.

The chair next to me creaked and I watched as Padme began pressing buttons, the ship roared to life moments later, "I learned how to fly when I was only thirteen, I can teach you if you'd like." She offered with a soft smile, "It's more simple than it looks."

I sat up straight before leaning forward, accepting her offer. I'd rather have her teach me instead of Anakin anyway, she seems like she holds a lot more patience, "Sure," I smiled back.

Slowly she explained everything to me as she did it. She even shut the ship off just to show me how to properly turn it on, and she let me fly us up into the sky, "Now, it's going to shake a little bit when we break the atmosphere, so you're going to have to steady it." She instructed and moments later, just as she said, the ship began to violently shake.

A little bit my ass.

I tightly held onto the wheel and steadied it as much as I could. Thankfully the shaking began to slow down and eventually stopped, so we were now just drifting aimlessly in space, "And for hyperspace I just put the coordinates here right?" I dropped my hand down to what looked like a keypad.

She nodded, "Yes and the coordinates to Coruscant are-"

"I know what they are," I cut her off as I typed it in, "They brand it into our minds when we're younglings just in case we ever get into a situation where we're lost off planet."

I pulled the lever I know I've seen Anakin pull and the ship zoomed forward into hyperspace after a few seconds of it powering up, "Makes sense," She mumbled with a slow nod, "Tell me (y/n), do you enjoy your life as a Jedi?" She asked while turning her chair to face me.

I shrugged, "Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't, it really depends on the day." She hummed in acknowledgment as she glanced down and played with the fabric of her outfit, "Why do you ask?" I turned my chair so I was facing her.

"Just curiousity." I've always been curious about the lives of the Jedi, it's so different," She uttered, "And um- I'm sorry about what Moteé did to you. She was supposed to be my friend and she was after me so I feel like I'm the one to blame for putting your life in danger."

I waved my hand in dismissal at her unnecessary apology, "Please do not blame yourself-" I leaned forward and placed my hand on top of hers, stopping my words in my throat.