Chapter Forty-Four

2.8k words

Unspoken Words

(Y/n)'s POV
"Hold onto these for us buddy," Anakin handed all of our lightsabers over to his new droid, Artoo.

"When did you finally finish him?" I asked as the obedient droid put our weapons under lock and key within himself, appearing to be proud and excited to be a part of today.

Anakin gave a gentle pat to the droid before looking at me, "A few days ago. We spent the time getting reacquainted and now he's ready for his first mission too," He said with the brightest smile on his face, "And you'll be giving those back as soon as I give the signal alright?" He addressed him and I found it kind of cute how in love he already was. He can't stay mad at Padmè for long after giving him something like this can he? I'm honestly unsure if he's even still mad that she spilled the beans to me, he hasn't said anything about it, nor has he spoken to her — that I'm aware of.

Artoo beeped in excitement and they began to have a small conversation that I didn't listen to because my attention was now on my own droid, "Alright girl, remember what I told you. You have to stay here, we'll be back before you know it." She beeped sadly in response, but didn't put up a fight.

I plan to bring her on missions in the future, but for this one, I thought it would be best if she sits back. She's still new to me and I feel I have more about her to learn before throwing her out into the dangerous world.

"Okay Padawan, I need you to come here," My Master spoke to me, causing my attention to shift away from my droid. Anakin held shackles in his hands that he got from a bag, and I noticed from the corner of my eye that Master Kenobi was already placing them on Ahsoka's wrists.

I sighed as I stepped forward and held my wrists out, "Make sure they're not too tight." I said and he nodded, glancing down at my wrists. I was waiting for him to put them on, but he was hesitating. It didn't take a genius to know why, "Hey," I called to him and he slowly looked up with a sad look in his eyes, "It's okay, it's only temporary." I reminded him. I know he doesn't want sympathy for his past, but it's obvious he's having a hard time with all of this.

"I know," He sighed quietly before looking back down and slowly and gently locked the shackles on one wrist, before doing it to the other, "I'd trade places with you if I could." He whispered while holding my hands in his, his thumbs caressing the soft skin around my knuckles and fingers.

"I wouldn't let you if you could," I whispered back.

Our eyes met again, and there were so many unspoken words behind his eyes and I only wish I knew what they were. Our connection is a two-way street, I can only go in if he lets me — and vice versa. And right now, he was a closed book.

"Are you two ready?" Kenobi broke the silence and Anakin immediately released my hands from his.

I dropped them down in front of me and the chains rubbed together, creating a sound that made Anakin cringe, "Yeah we're ready, let's go." He spun around quickly and exited the ship. We all followed in his steps with Kenobi and I sharing a knowing look.

Master Kenobi—who was posing as a bodyguard of the King—held Ahsoka and I's chains together in his palms as he pulled us through the streets of Zygerria, "Pick up the pace slaves." He tugged on the chains to feed into the illusion. We told him it was okay to do prior to this, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't hurt a little. It wasn't unbearable or anything, just a small ache that let me to know I'd have a few bruises later.