Chapter Twenty

2.1k words

Knocking on Deaths Door

Anakin's POV
Slowly, I opened my eyes when I felt a shift in the bed sheets and something rubbing against me. I also began to notice a slight breeze of warm air that was only hitting my bare torso and I was a lot hotter than usual. Then I heard a low mumbled, so I glanced down and my breath hitched in my throat when I realized the position I was in.

All I could see was hair, because my padawan had her face buried into my neck and my arms were wrapped tightly around her, keeping her this way.

Basically, we were cuddling... and the worst part about all of this was that I have a little visitor that I and every man tends to get in the mornings. And the fact that her nightgown was rolling up her thigh and exposing more than I needed to see made this all the more harder - pun intended.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. I needed to get the hell out of this position, especially before she wakes up. She doesn't need to know any of this occurred, I was already uncomfortable enough for the both of us.

So with an aggressively beating heart, I slowly began to remove my arms from around her and backed away onto the floor to pull our bodies apart. I cringed a few times when I thought she was about to wake up, but sighed quietly with relief when her eyes remained closed. She then began to roll onto her other side when I was removing the arm that was under her, and with one final pull, I got myself fully free.

I exhaled with solace as I sat on the cushioned floor by the bed. I knitted my brows and looked down when I remembered the floors were wood, so it shouldn't feel cushioned. And what I happened to be sitting on was the large pillow that was meant to be our pillow wall. I narrowed my eyes at it — this thing had one job to do.

"Master? What are you doing on the floor?"

I snapped my head up when I heard (y/n)'s sleepy voice. She still looked half asleep, and her tired eyes were on me with a slight furrowing of her brows, "Uh, meditating." I quickly lied as I cleared my throat.

She nodded slow with understanding before closing her eyes again and dropping her head down, "I think I'm dying." She groaned as she pulled the blanket up to cover half of her face, leaving her closed eyes uncovered.

I smirked; the infamous hangovers, this will teach her a better lesson than I ever could, "You're not dying. It's called a hangover and it's going to kick your ass."

She fluttered open her eyes and I felt something similar to what I felt in the forest yesterday, but I didn't understand what it was, "You're not going to make me do any training today are you?" She asked in a soft, but worried tone.

I chuckled, "I should," I said and her doe eyes slightly widened, "But I'm not that cruel, so no." I assured her as I stood up, her eyes followed me, "I'll let you rest up here for the day, but it comes at a price."

"Of course it does," She sighed.

She should know by now that my kindness doesn't come cheap, especially after I had to take care of her drunken ass last night, "That means tomorrows training will be twice as long." My smirk grew.