Chapter One

2.6k words

The Unrectifiable Past

(Y/n)'s POV
"Hey, you're being awfully quiet," My best friend Ahsoka nudged my shoulder with hers as we walked down the hallway side by side, "Which is very unusual for you." She teased, giving me a soft smile that I could see from the corner of my eye.

Despite our age difference, her being fifteen and me being eighteen - we get along a lot better with each other than we do with the others in our own age groups. And I feel like a big part of that is because Ahsoka and I are both is very mature for our ages, and we match each other well.

We're a bit opposite when it comes to our likes and dislikes, but at the same time, we blend well like bantha biscuits with blue milk. We have the same sense of humor, we have the same love for food, we love causing a little mayhem — we are still young rebellious teens after all — we can make each other laugh like no other, I trust no one more than her; and this isn't me being cocky, but I truly believe we're two of the best Padawans in the order.

Sure her and I have prohibited adventures that have earned us a long list of reprimands from the lovely Mace Windu, and we can be a bit childish when we want to be. But we're intelligent, loyal to the order, at the top of our classes in swordsmanship, and when it comes to the use of the force - we excel.

And I much prefer her than the ones my age because — well they look down on me. I was the Master-less padawan for almost a year. Therefore they considered themselves better than me, and more advanced. Mainly because they've had their Masters this whole time while I spent the past year training without any supervision or guidance.

Some even blamed me for the death of Master Ti — I blamed me.

But I knew she wouldn't have.

If she could talk to me now, she would tell me to hold my head up high and remind me that I did everything I could to save her that day. Then she'd proceed to give me a lecture on how everything happens for a reason and to not dwell on the unrectifiable past. But that still didn't help with the painful ache in my chest that was associated with how much I missed her.

"Hello, Coruscant to (y/n)," Ahsoka snapped her fingers in front of my face, pulling me away from my harrowing thoughts.

I blinked out of my daydreams and gave her my attention, "Sorry 'Soka," I sighed, facing my gaze forward and dreading the double doors that I saw ahead which led to the training room, "I just don't think I'm ready for this yet."

Today is the day I meet my new Master. To my joy Ahsoka was meeting hers at the same time as me so I had her for emotional support, but I was so nervous I could feel the vibrations of my racing heart in the back of my throat.

She paused her movements, prompting me to stop in the middle of the hallway with her as she turned her body towards me, "Yes you are, you've been the Master-less padawan for too long. Now it's time to be the padawan of the chosen one, that'll shut those idiots up." She folded her arms with an eye roll.

Did I also mention how incredibly protective of me she gets? If I remember correctly, she was ten times more excited than I when I was told that my Master would be the famous Anakin Skywalker.