Chapter Forty-Eight

2.8k words

Fixpoint

(Y/n)'s POV
I momentarily froze in fear when the monster dashed in my direction with an intent to kill. I had hoped that what I was going to be up against was a Gundark or even a Rancor since I have experience in those areas. But with my luck, it wasn't either, it was a creature I have never seen or even heard of before.

'Why are you standing there? Run!' Anakin screamed at me.

I quickly snapped myself out of my shocked state and got myself into survival mode. I spun around and wrapped the shackles around the pillar before tightening the ends around each of my hands. I could hear the Kyrkna getting closer so I didn't waste time and began climbing up, using the shackles for support.

The crowd was screaming and throwing things down into the arena while booing me and giving their applause to the spider-like creature. I reached about halfway up the long pillar when I felt it shake due to the impact of the spider hitting the pillar to try knocking me down.

I slid down only about an inch and attempted to climb even faster, sweat dripping down my face.

Anakin's POV
I gripped the armrest of my chair tight as soon as she started to slide down. My heart was racing faster than normal and I was growing more nauseous by the minute. This was stressing me out and my body wasn't coping with it well, "Doing alright there Lars?" The Queen spoke as she side-eyed me.

I released my grip on the chair to make myself look less anxious and turned to smile at her, "Yes, I'm just surprised she's even trying, it's pathetic," I rolled my eyes before quickly averting my gaze back to my padawan who slid down once again when the Krykna hit the pillar. It dropped her down just enough for one of the legs of the beast to reach her and it swiped across her back, cutting through the fabric and her skin.

She screamed in pain and I gripped the chair once again, sweat dripping down my temple.

(Y/n)'s POV
'Say the word,' My Master's voice was panic-filled.

I groaned in pain as I used the strength I had to finish my climb, doing my best to ignore the stinging pain that was now on my back. I knew it cut through skin because I could feel blood dripping down and there's no way it would hurt this much if I didn't, 'I'm fine,' I assured him, finally reaching the top, 'Talk her up, see what you can find out.'

I got onto the flat surface and glanced down at the spider that was still slamming itself into the only thing keeping me from death. I sighed to myself and stood up, my eyes drifting the multiple other pillars around the arena. There was even one that would land me right next to the Queen, but I'm not after her, what I plan to do is stay alive and give Anakin the opportunity to get whatever he can out of her. It had to be now, since if I do happen to survive this, that doesn't mean she won't try killing me after - in her mind, my demise is a fixpoint.

The original plan has already been foiled and now we have a short time limit before I become dinner.

'Why are you on the pillar? You're stuck,' As usual he was questioning my methods instead of having faith in me.

'Nothing beats the high ground, Master,' I took off the uncomfortable shoes I was forced to wear and threw them down at the beast. It looked up at me before slowly backing up in a menacing crawl, I knew what it was about to do, charge at my safe haven that has already begun to crack.