Chapter Three

"The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars."

                                                                                               - Unknown

The picnic with Jenna went well. At least I think so. As she would ramble on about things, I'd start thinking about the Raven.

I felt guilty afterwards... but I couldn't help but feel that there was something about her that triggered my curiosity.

As Jenna and I were walking back, we bumped into a 'friend' of ours (or, more like Jenna's friend).

"Hey, Jenna! Grayson." Trevor Addams greeted. Trevor was one of the most popular guys in school, an arrogant jock.

He had blonde hair and icy blue eyes. Trevor was pretty built considering he was only sixteen years old. And, of course, he was a jerk. He wore a royal blue letterman jacket, a white t-shirt and a pair of long jeans.

"Hey, Trevor. What's up?" Jenna asked.

"Not much. Just came back from a football game with some friends." Trevor said, in a tone indicating he was showing off.

"As always." I said quietly, without even looking at him.

"Hey, no one asked you to talk, book-boy!" Trevor snapped.

That whole statement cringed me. Book-boy? He could do better than that. Or maybe not...

As I was about to correct his sentence, Jenna shot me a warning look, and I had to stop.

"That sounds fun, Trevor. Which team won?" she asked.

"My team. Obviously." Trevor replied smugly.

My mind began to wander off immediately after that. Trevor either bore me to death, or annoys me too much. The guy isn't very smart. And, again, a jerk. Why Jenna's friends with him is beyond me.

I never liked Trevor Addams. Nor does he like me. The first year here, Garian and I were walking in the cafeteria with our trays full looking for a table, when Trevor ran into him while he and his equally ignorant friends were throwing a football around. I still wonder why the teachers didn't do anythign about it.

All of Garian's food spilled onto Trevor. His white shirt was full of juice and smudged with beans. Garian, who started having a panic attack, kept apologizing. He took out a napkin and tried to wipe it off -- which only made it worse. Laughter arose from the tables nearby, including Trevor's friends.

He got mad, shoved Garian down and stormed off. From then on, Trevor made Garian's life hell, 'til his last days.

Trevor Addams never got over grudges. He's a narcissist, and sometimes I wonder if he was the real killer who framed Garian.

Although that's impossible -- considering he isn't sneaky or clever at all. Besides, I'm not one to jump into conclusions without any evidence.

"Hey, brainiac! Jenna asked you a question." I suddenly heard him say.

"Huh?"

"It's alright, Trevor... Grayson gets distracted easily." Jenna mentioned as she grabbed my arm.

"Yeah, no shit." Trevor grunted.

Glancing behind him, my heart slightly dropped when I saw the Raven walking down the hallway. She stopped at a locker and put a couple of binders in.