26

"What do you want to talk about, grandpa?" Jungkook broke the silence between them.

"Thank you, Jungkook. Can you forgive us for what we did to your mother? Jin's family invested a huge amount in our business at that time with one condition – their only son would be our son-in-law. Joon and Jin grew up together, and we always misunderstood their relationship. When I called him during the medical camp, Jin mentioned Joon was spending time with a boy named Hoseok, making me panic and shock. The promise I made to Jin's parents led us down the wrong path, and your mom's tears destroyed everything. Now, only you can make everything perfect, my child. Come back home and think about Jin and Joon. They've already lost their good times, and Jimin... Poor boy. He sometimes mentions doing shuttle service within the family. It's not like you haven't suffered, but what if Jimin blames you for his family?"

"Me!... But..."

"No, Kooki. Grandpa is not blaming you. You've suffered more than anyone, still a child at heart. If you come back home, everything will be alright, son. Just think about that." The old man patted his shoulder.

***"**"**

"Mom, the meeting is delayed. I'm waiting outside. I'll call you back." Jin cuts the call and smiles at Namjoon. "The meeting is delayed."

"I got a notification," Joon smiles at him. "How are you?"
.

"Good. Jimin?"

"He went to Kooki's house for his cousin's wedding. I'll send him there once he comes back."

.
"Hmm," he just hums.

Other people come and talk with them. They get engaged with others, but both of them stand like strangers to each other.

*********

"Bride," Tae calls him in rhythm.

"Bride is your father," Jimin retorts.

"Oh, I'm coming next month, baby," Tae laughed.

"You are not welcome.

"Brideee..."

"Don't make me angry, Taehyung. How many times I told you I am not interested in you? I'm loyal to my Suga," he looks at the poster on his wall. "My cute caty."

"Iam cuter than him, bride," Taehyung laughed.

"In your dreams," Jimin pouted. "I'm getting late for class. I'm going. Bye." Jimin cuts the call. "Stupid idiot," he smiles. "So, my man is coming back. Hyungi, get ready to come back here." He smiles at the mirror. "If Taehyung marries Jungkook, then he should live here. So his parents will join, that's what Jimin thinks."

************

"Thank you, doctor," Jin smiles at his patient. It was a hectic day for him.

"Doctor, you have a visitor," the nurse informed.

"Who? Let them inside," he took a deep breath.

"Hi..."

"Jungkook!" Jin smiles widely. "When did you grow up this much?" Jin stands up, and Jungkook comes to him, hugging Jin. "I am sorry."

"Sorry for what, Kooki? It's me who should say sorry. How are you? Your studies? Jimin said you're the top student."

"I am good, Papa," Jungkook said.

"Papa..." Jin hugs him again. Sit... Jin said.

"Hmm," Jungkook nods his head "Papa, I need your help."

"What?"

"Let's talk outside," Jungkook said.

"Yes." Both of them walk outside... They settled in restaurant.  Jin stares at Jungkook, grown up but with the same baby face and doe eyes – an innocent child but beautiful, just like his mother.

"Papa, my final year exams are over, and I got placement in a company through a campus interview."

"Oh, congratulations. Which company?"

"Prime Builders."

"Oh, our Jackson's company."

"Yes. I want to see Appa, but I don't know how to face him. Can you please come with me?"

"Me?" Jin looks at him.

"Yes. Please don't say no. I know how much my father loves me, but I always denied him. Not anymore. But I don't have the courage to face him. Can you please come with me?" Jungkook holds Jin's hand.

Jin doesn't mind to saying no to that pleading face. "Yes, I will." He smiles awkwardly.