10

1... 2....3....4...5...6...6...6...8...noo...7
...8..... 10.... Yes...  The little one repeats the numbers, looking at the cross. "Don't let me forget this; the teacher will scold me," he says. Lighting a candle, he holds his little hands together. "Dear God, please give my Appa back," he whispers. Then, he picks up his small backpack and walks home. Upon reaching home, he places his bag in its spot, changes clothes, and washes them. He cleans the home and himself, eats the food his mom made, cleans his plates, and starts studying.

"Jungkook, where are you?"

"Mama." He runs towards the door and opens it, looking at his tired mom. Hoseok surveys the clean and orderly home. "What are you doing?"

"I was learning," the little one replies.

The mother hums and walks to the washroom. Jungkook observes the whole home with little eyes. If anything is misplaced, his mom will scold him, sometimes even slap him. The little one returns to his studies; otherwise, he'll have to deal with his angry mom. Once he comes out from the washroom, Hoseok heads straight to the kitchen to make dinner, not uttering a word to his child. Jungkook is accustomed to this cold treatment. After making dinner, his mother goes to bed.

Jungkook sits there, completing his homework. Once he finishes, he goes to the kitchen and serves food in two plates.

"Momma... Momma..." He touches his mother's leg with his little finger.

"What?" The man asks rudely.

"Food," the little one replies, looking down.

"I don't want." He turns to the other side. The boy stands there for some minutes.

Hoseok stares at his child sleeping on his little bed. His boy is perfect—only four years old, but matured and bold. Hoseok believes that his four-year-old son is capable of doing everything. However, the man is scared; he believes that if he loves the boy, he'll also leave him like others....

************

Namjoon was busy with his books, preparing for a lecture the next day. He makes some notes.

"Joon!" Jin shouts and enters his room. "Do you see this?" He throws a stethoscope on the table.

"What is this? A wireless stethoscope, a new invention." Namjoon takes the stethoscope, which is broken into two pieces.

"Your son did this," Jin shouts again.

"Oh, why are you shouting like this?"

"This is the fourth one he's broken," Jin shouts again.

Namjoon looks at the door; his son was standing there with folded hands on his chest and a pouty face. "Why did you do this, Chimmy?"

"Taetae hyung bocked..."

"Taetae didn't even come here today. Look, he's lying," Jin glares at his child.

"I hte you," the three-year-old shouts. "I'm going." He stomps his little foot and walks outside

"Look, he's going. Jimin, Jimin..."

"Please, don't shout," Joon says. "Both mother and son are making me mad." He takes his papers and books, then walks out of the room.

"What happened, Chimmy?" Mark asks him.

"Mama boke Dada's teth and sold me," he says, walking upstairs.

"What? Did Jinni break Joon's teeth?" Mark frowns.

"Hyung..." Jimin walks into his favorite place.

"What happened, Chimmy?" Taetae looks at him.

"Let's pay," he says.

"Two minutes. Hyung wants to finish this work."

"No, pay now!" he cries.

"Okay, let's play." Taehyung closes his book, removes his glasses, then carries the baby to the bed. He takes some toys and starts playing with his favorite person.

***********

Jungkook helps Momma with her morning chores—cleaning the home, folding Momma's uniform, and packing his new lunch.

Hoseok takes his bag, "Don't go anywhere and eat on time." With that, he walks out of the house; he works at a chocolate factory.

Jungkook is alone in the house on this holiday, but his hyung and noona will come. They love him very much. However, his aunt hates him, and he doesn't know why. Jungkook takes his secret box, where he hides his toys—a small stick, a little teddy bear, and a box full of rosary peas. His noona told him that if he collects 1000 rosaries, his Appa will come to him. The boy starts to count the peas, but he only knows 10. "When is my Appa coming back?" He sits on the floor and starts to count again.... 1...2....3....4....5....6...7...8...10...1...2...3...