Chapter 34 - The Gift

Nico's POV

"I can't believe we're doing this," she whispered, looking around the church.

"Well, you better believe it, baby," I replied with a grin, holding her hand tighter. "Because as soon as we're done with this, I'm going to rip that shirt off your body," I added, making me blush which looked so adorable.

She let out a surprised laugh, "Is that a promise?"

"Oh, definitely," I whispered in her ear.

"Come on, It's our turn," I say getting up and holding my hand for her to hold while she smiled at me. God, she's gonna kill me with that smile.

***

"Do you take, Nicholas Alexander Hernandez, to be your lawfully wedded husband?" The officiant's words filled the church, and I looked into her eyes.

"I do."

"And do you, Nicholas Alexander Hernandez, take Lilith Iris Ferrari, to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do," I say and she looks at me with her gorgeous smile.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride," the officiant declared, and I cupped Lilith's face, kissing her as if this were the last time.

"I have got a surprise waiting for you at home, Mrs. Hernandez," I said, holding her hand as we walked down the aisle together.

"You didn't have to, and I didn't get you anything," she said, looking down.

"Listen here, beautiful. You being here with me is the greatest gift I could ever get," I replied, squeezing her hand. "But I thought you might like what I've got for you."

"Is Eva okay at home alone?" She suddenly asks and I nod.

"She's not alone; Maanya is with her, and they're playing. She's fine," I assure her, a smile on my face. "We've got everything taken care of. Today is about us."

Her worry melts away, replaced by a soft smile. "I can't wait to see what you've got for me."

I wink playfully. "Well, you'll just have to wait a little longer, Mrs. Hernandez. The surprise awaits us at home."

***

I hand her a box, and she looks at me suspiciously. "Just open it, Wifey. You'll love it, I promise." She hesitantly opens the lid, and then freezes.

Then, she squeals.

She actually freaking squeals.

"You got me a cat? Oh, thank you so much," she says, hugging me tightly.

"You're welcome, wifey," I say, lifting her off the ground and tightly hugging her.

"I like when you call me that," she says, still petting the cat.

"Wifey?" I tease, and she blushes, nodding with a shy smile. 

So adorable.

"Any ideas on what you want to name him?" I ask.

She pauses, "How about Cookie?"

I blink, trying to process the name. "Seriously?"

"It's kinda cute," she says, petting the little cat affectionately.

"Remind me to never let you name our children," I shudder for extra dramatics, and she smacks my arm.

"You named a black cat... Cookie," I say, and she glares at me.

"Shut up," I just grin at her.

"But seriously, thank you so much, Nico. I don't know how I could ever thank you," I get a sly smirk on my face.

"I may have an idea for that," I say slowly, making her look at me.

"Oh yeah?"

I put the cat down and pin her to the wall.

"Oh yeah, Wifey."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Well, we all know what's gonna happen next chapter......😏

I won't have time to update for a few days....But I will defo try. And I will be publishing a new chapter of Demon Deception by tomorrow. PLEASE DO CHECK THAT BOOK OUT.

THANK YOU MY BABIES

I LOVE YOU ALL

MUAH *Sends virtual kisses*

🖤💋