Chapter 16 - Dance

I was in the kitchen, cooking lasagna for me and Lilith

I was in the kitchen, cooking lasagna for me and Lilith. As I prepare the dish, I find myself replaying the words I said to Lilith earlier. 

Why the hell did I tell her that? What was I thinking? 

With a sigh, I accepted that I can't take back my words.

I was lost in my thoughts when I noticed that the lasagna was ready. Grabbing two plates, I made my way upstairs to our room.

I entered the room and saw Lilith laying on the bed, her hand cut up, blood staining the sheets. faint and unconscious, Panic gripped me, and all thoughts of dinner vanished. I rushed to her side, concern etched across my face.

Shaking Lilith gently, I whispered her name, "Lilith, wake up." There was no response. 

Heading to the bathroom for bandages, my eyes landed on the razor stained with blood. A sinking feeling hit me as the pieces fell into place. Frantically, I reached for the first aid kit, my mind racing with worry. The sight of her lying there, so vulnerable and hurt, 

Rushing to her side, with trembling hands, I started to bandage Lilith's wounds. "You stupid, stupid girl," I muttered under my breath, a mix of frustration and worry in my voice.

"Why the hell would you do this, huh?" I said, knowing she couldn't hear me, but I didn't care. 

Finishing up with the bandaging, I sighed, pressing my forehead against hers "Damn it, Lilith" 

I carefully picked Lilith up and gently laid her on the sofa. The sheets on the bed were stained with blood, so I changed them, and once I had everything sorted, I picked her up again, this time placing her back on the bed. The worry didn't leave my face as I watched her, hoping she would wake up soon.

I wake up with my head spinning, and it takes a moment for my eyes to adjust to the light

Am I in hell?

The memories of last night flood back, and I wince at the pain in my hand. I look down to see bandages around it.

Did Nico do that?