Chapter 13 - Safe Word

He pulls my hair to the side, his lips dangerously close to my ear

He pulls my hair to the side, his lips dangerously close to my ear. "Choose a safe word," he whispers, sending chills down my spine.

"Huh?" I manage to stammer.

Amidst the pounding of my heart, I can barely make out his words.

For the past fifteen minutes, Nico had said nothing. He had merely held onto me possessively while playing the game with the other men.

Confused and scared, I look around the room for help, but the two women serving drinks don't seem to notice.

He chuckles softly, his warm breath against my ear sending shivers down my spine. "Pick a damn word," Nico's voice is eerily calm, "because once we start, there's no going back. No 'stop' or 'no' will work."

His hands release me, but his words remain.

As Nico swiftly removes his blazer and drapes it over my lap, my heart races with fear. He rolls up the sleeves of his dress shirt, revealing the tattoos on his forearms, his eyes fixed on me.

I glance over at Victor and Jake, but they seem to be lost in their world, oblivious to what's happening. Surely, Nico wouldn't do anything to me in front of them, would he?

As his hands rest on either side of me, I try to focus on the text inked in between his fingers. But my mind is blank with terror, and I blurt out the first thing that comes to mind.

"Strawberry."

I've always loved strawberries, the scent of the ripe fruit always made me feel safe like everything was going to be alright.

Nico hums in acknowledgment, but I can't relax. Is this happening? 

Am I going to die?

"Not until I'm done with you," he says, like he finds the whole thing amusing.

The two men across the table burst into laughter, completely oblivious to me.

"You can use your safe word whenever you want me to stop," Nico says, his tone commanding.

"Strawberry?" I ask weakly, hoping he'll take it as a sign to back off.

But he pauses for a moment before chuckling under his breath. "Quiero que estén borrachos," he murmurs, and I feel a shiver run down my spine. (I want them drunk.)

It's only then that I see the two servers are moving towards Victor and Jake, and I realize they're working for Nico. 

The atmosphere in the room is charged with tension as Nico's hand slides up my bare thigh, his fingers kneading the skin gently. I can feel my heartbeat quickening in response, not from fear, but from the wait of what is to come.

Victor's voice interrupts my thoughts as he asks, "You in or out, Hernandez?" I take a deep breath, my eyes flickering from Nico's hand to Victor's face.