Twenty-One (edited)

Esmeray

I woke up in the morning with a headache, making me groggy. I have no idea why I have a headache. Maybe a coffee will help.

I drag myself out of bed and walk into the bathroom to take a shower, hoping that it helps with the headache. I turn on the steaming hot water and let it warm me up. I always take a hot shower because it helps relax my muscles.

After I am done, I get dressed in a matching emerald green pant and suit jacket with a cream-colored lace top and heels. I blow dry my hair and leave it in its natural waves.

I make my way down to the kitchen and make myself a cup of coffee

I make my way down to the kitchen and make myself a cup of coffee. I turned around to see everyone was eating breakfast. I gave them a small smile and sat down.

"Morning, how did you sleep?" Emilio asked.

"I slept okay" I reply, sipping my coffee.

"Well, we have some questions and things we need to discuss, so after breakfast, meet us in the office," Grandpa said, and I nodded.

This is going to be a long day. I can just feel it. They probably have a lot of questions and are confused. Ughh! I am already dreading this.

We all walk over to the office, except Theo of course, and find a place in there. The older ones sat on the couch, while the younger ones took a spot around the room standing, or leaning against the wall since there wasn't any more space to sit.

I sat on the desk and looked around the room, waiting for someone to speak. The silence was broken by Grandpa.

"So, who were the people that attacked us, and what did they want with you? How do you know them anyways?" He asked.

I paused for a moment before answering, contemplating how much I should tell them or if I should tell them.   They were all looking at me, waiting for an answer.

"They were the Russians. They are looking for me because I escaped from them, and they want me back." I say.

"Wait, what do you mean you escaped from them?" Aunt Val asked.

Huh? Do they not know about me getting kidnapped by him?

I looked at Emilio, tilted my head to the side, and asked, "Did you not tell them?"

"No. I didn't get the chance to yet, but you can tell them if you like." He replied, and I nodded.

"Tell us what?" Cyrus asked, looking lost.

"That, I was kidnapped by them."

"Wait, what! So all these years you were with the Russians, and we had no clue about it?" Calix asked.

"Yes, that is what I am saying." Are they slow or what?

"Why do they want you back?" Grandma asked.

"Well, I don't know why they want me," I say. I know exactly why they want me, but they don't need to know that.

Plus, I still don't trust them all, some more than others. Don't get me wrong. They are nice people, they have been nothing but welcoming. It's just that I have this feeling about them, and I can't quite put a finger on what it is, so I am keeping my distance for now.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when the sound of a phone ringing came to my ear. I looked around to see that it was my phone. It was an unknown number. I hesitated but picked it up.

The voice of the person I least wanted to hear came through the phone. My face immediately went cold and blank. Everyone was looking at me curiously.

"Ah! Finally, I got a hold of you, my dear! I see you have run back to your pathetic little family." He said with a chuckle.

"Don't talk about my family," I say in a deadly tone as I stand up.

He let out a laugh, and said, "Already so defensive, I see. Tell me, how did you like the little gift I sent you? I honestly loved it. Watching that pathetic little family of yours being knocked out and tied up. So defenseless and pathetic."

"It was sad to see that it took you that long to find me. I thought you were better than that, but I guess not. I did, however, enjoy being the one to send Victor to hell. He was one piece of shit no one will miss. Please do send him my regards as you will be seeing him real soon." I say in a mocking tone.

"You think I am scared of you?" He scoffed. "I am not scared of you. I made you who you are today, and I know what you are capable of. I know your every move, so you better watch your back cause when I find you again, you're dead. And it's not going to be so easy." He threatened.

I bursted out laughing. Not the fake laugh but the full-blown belly laugh. After a couple of minutes of me laughing, I finally calmed down, wiping away a tear from the corner of my eye.

"Oh my god! I haven't had a good laugh in a long time, so thanks for that, although you are the reason why I didn't. Now you listen. You may have made me who I am, but you will never know my next move. You sure as hell don't know what I am capable of." I spit out.

"You don't scare me anymore because I am not that little girl who was scared of your every move. I am coming for you, and when I find you, I am going to give you the most painful death that you can't even imagine. Goodbye, Nevan. The next time we talk is going to be your death." I say in a deadly manner and hang up.

I sigh and walk over to the liquor cabinet to pour myself a glass of bourbon, which I down like a shot and get another one, drinking it slower.

Finally, I look around to see everyone staring at me with mixed emotions. Some shocked, some proud, and some angry, but the only one who I couldn't read was Emilio. He had a blank expression, void of any sort of emotion, even from his eyes. It was like he was lost in his own world.

"What?" I ask, finally breaking the silence.

"What the heck was that?" Colin asked.

"Yeah. What the fuck just happened?" Roman added.

"Uhh, wasn't it obvious? A phone call, conversation, and my personal favorite, threatening." I say with a 'duh' look.

"Well, we know that. Duh. But who was it, and why were you threatening him?" Cyrus said.

By the looks of my brother's faces, I could tell they already guessed who it was, but the rest of them had no clue and were confused.

"It was the Russian mafia leader Nevan King." I took another sip of my bourbon and sat back down on the desk.

"What did he say?" Grandpa asked.

"Nothing much, just some threatening, and that he is coming for me," I say, making it seem like it's not a big deal.

"WHAT! He threatened you! How dare he threaten my granddaughter? Who does he think he is, huh? I am going to kill him." He said.

"Woah there! Calm down, old man. We don't want your blood pressure getting high now, do we?" I say.

"Who are you calling old? I am very young, and my health is excellent. I'd say it is even better than yours." He said, pointing a finger at me.

I raised my hands in mock surrender and said, "Whatever you say, old man."

~~~

A/N:
Their conversation is going to continue to the next chapter. I didn't want to make this too long. But don't worry I will update it soon.