Five (edited)

Esmeray

I woke up in the middle of the night to an ear-piercing scream. I jolted up and looked frantically over to Theo.

He looked terrified and was sobbing. He looked like he just woke up from a very horrible nightmare.

I quickly pulled him to my chest and rocked him back and forth. I muttered soft and comforting words to him. I was reassuring him that he was safe now.

It broke my heart to see him like this. I can only imagine the horrible things that he had to go through.

Not to mention seeing his mother get killed in front of him. I know firsthand how that feels and how it affects you.

After he calmed down a little he told me something that broke my heart even more.

"P-p-please d-don't l-l-let them t-take me again-n..."

I hugged him tightly and said, "I will never let them take you away. They won't even get close to you. I promise. You are safe now."

I kept rocking him until he fell asleep again. Even then, he didn't let me go. He held on to me for dear life, like I would disappear if he let go.

Afterward, I couldn't go back to sleep. I just held him as he slept peacefully. It pains me to see that my little brother had gone through so much at the age of 5.

I am going to hunt down every single one of them who dared to hurt my brother. Then, I am going to torture them until they beg me to kill them and spare them from the pain.

Even then, I wouldn't give them the satisfaction of having a quick death. They are going to have a very slow and painful death, where they would wish that they were never born.

And that is my promise.

After a couple of hours, Theo woke up. He looked more refreshed and relaxed than before. He fists his tiny hands and rubs his eyes. Adorable.

"Good morning bud. You hungry?" I asked in a soft tone.

"Good morning. Yeah." He said, clearly still sleepy.

"Do you want waffles, or do you want something else?"

"Oooo waffles are yummy!" He said excitedly and I smiled.

I ordered some room service and then helped him get cleaned up. I gave him the clothes I got for him before I went to bring him back.

By the time he was done, our food had arrived. It was waffles, fresh fruits, and orange juice. I also got a coffee for myself.

I cut the waffles into small pieces so it is easier for him to eat. He sat on the small table in our room, swinging his legs and happily eating his breakfast.

That is how it should be. He should be free from all the pain and suffering. He should get to have a happy childhood with his family, and I will make sure of that.

I need to figure out what I need to do now. There is no doubt that Nevan has his men hunting me down, and I need to be sure that Theo is safe.

I can't have him get dragged into a dangerous world because of me. I know for a fact, that I won't be able to protect him while being on the run myself. That would be too risky.

I will just be putting him in more danger, and I can't have that. I need someone powerful enough to keep Theo safe and know exactly who can do that.

Even though I don't want to go back, before I get my revenge, I have to. Not for me. For Theo.

I don't know how they will react to me and Theo. It's not every day that your dead sister and new half-brother come home.

I don't know what they will do, but I have to try.  I need to do everything I can to keep Theo safe and away from this world.

The question is, how the heck am I going to get to them? I can't just go up to them and be like, 'Hey guys, I am your dead sister, and this is your half-brother you didn't know about.'

They won't believe me. And why would they when they have already seen 'my dead' body? Even though it was not mine.

I probably would be taken down before I even get to them. I need to come up with something that they would meet me for.

I can't let the underground know that the Italian mafia princess is back. At least not now.

That will make it easier for Nevan to find me, and I can't have that.

I snap out of my thoughts when I felt someone shake me. It was Theo.

"I have been calling for so long." He said.

"Sorry, I was just thinking. Anyways, what do you need?"

"I was thinking if we could go outside?" He asked, hopeful that I say yes.

"Umm, sure bud. Where do you want to go?"

"Can we go to the park? Like other kids." He looked at me with puppy eyes.

"Of course!" He jumped up and hugged me. He then ran to put his shoes on.

I quickly changed into jeans, a cropped fitted top, and a leather jacket. I strapped two knives on my ankles and two between my boobs. I also grabbed my gun and tucked it in my jeans.

(A/N: Outfit above ⬆️)

I came out of the bathroom to Theo waiting patiently on the bed, ready to go.

I held my hand out for him, which he took, and then we went out.

There was a park a 10-minute walk away from the hotel. We were there for a few hours, and then we went to a cafe nearby to have lunch.

Afterward, we came back and watched movies for the rest of the day.

It was a relaxing day for both of us. It was also a great bonding time too.  We both had a lot of fun.