Seventeen (edited)

Esmeray

I was trying to peacefully eat my breakfast and my coffee when Lorenzo decided to interrupt it.

"What happened to your hands?" He asked, pointing towards my bandaged knuckles.

"Oh that, I got a little carried away when I was  boxing earlier."

"Oh. Be careful next time. Don't want to hurt yourself too much ok?" He said and I gave him a swift nod.

"So when are they going to get here?" I asked no one in particular.

"They should be here around lunchtime," Emilio said taking a sip out of his espresso.

"Ok," I continued eating my breakfast and enjoying my coffee.

Roman suddenly walked in with an alarm clock in his hand. He looked pissed. He was still in his pjs, his hair was crazy and he was half asleep, rubbing his eyes.

"Who the heck put an alarm in my room this early?" He yelled.

"I did, to wake you up. I want you to be up and ready early today, so go get dressed for the day." Emilio said in his strict tone.

Roman just glared at him but didn't say anything. He walked over to the coffee pot and poured himself some coffee before walking back upstairs.

.....

I am currently sitting in the living room and doing some work on my phone, when Lorenzo came in looking a little nervous. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow, questioning him.

"Umm...I was wondering if you would like to bake some cookies with me. I mean it's ok if you don't want to but I just wanted to spend some time with you. Not that I am trying to force you or anything..." He rambled.

"Enzo I would love to," I say stopping him from rambling on. He broke out in a full-on grin, looking like a very happy toddler, when you give them sweets or something they like.

We walked over to the kitchen and got all the ingredients ready. I melted the butter while he was sifting the flour in a bowl and added the other dry ingredients. Then we incorporated all the wet and dry ingredients and shaped the cookie dough into different shapes.

While that was baking, we decided to make another batch since there were going to be a lot more people later.

As we were making the cookie dough, Roman came in with Theo and said that they were going to the store to get some snacks for later on.

After they left, we talked about our days and Enzo told me more about what they were like while growing up. He told me about his hobby of cooking and baking and how it is like a stress-relieving process. I told him about my love for boxing and how it helps me relieve my anger and frustration.

We talked for a while about a lot of other things, and then the timer went off indicating that the cookies were done. We had a couple of cookies as we were putting them away to have for later.

We cleaned up the kitchen, which took forever by the way, and went to take a shower since we were covered in flour, egg, and other food items.

You might be wondering, how did we get there? Well, while trying to put away the flour it spilled all over me. Enzo being Enzo, just laughed at me, so I did the most sensible thing and threw a handful of flour at him. One thing led to another and the next thing we knew, we ended up in a food fight.

The whole kitchen was covered in flour, sugar, egg, butter, and other stuff that looked utterly disgusting. It took us a long time to clean the kitchen, but we eventually got there. We didn't want any of the maids to have to clean up the huge mess that we created.

I quickly ran to the shower and washed off the disgusting stuff of me. I lathered some of my lavender-scented body wash on my body before rinsing it off and shampooing my hair. After I was done, I quickly dried my body and changed into a light brown wrap top with a pair of wide-legged jeans. I added a layered necklace, stud earrings, and my everyday rings. I finished off by drying my hair and spraying some of my favorite perfume. I put on my shoes, take my phone, and walk downstairs.

I heard some voices coming from the front of the house as I was walking down the stairs

I heard some voices coming from the front of the house as I was walking down the stairs. My brothers were at the door. Roman opened the door and an older woman walked in pushing him out of the way.

"Move. I want to see my granddaughter first." She said as her eyes landed on me.

She came over and hugged me. I stiffened at first but slowly relaxed and hugged her back. It was nice and warm. We stayed like that for a while before she finally let go.  An older man came towards me and pulled me into another hug.

What is with people and hugging me today?

Even though I didn't like hugs, I still felt compelled to hug him back. Like something in me is telling me that I can trust him.  After a little bit, he finally pulled away and looked down at me with a happy smile and glossy eyes.