Seven (edited)

Esmeray

They stared at me for a moment, taken back by the nickname. It was silent for a few minutes before Emilio finally spoke.

"Nobody called me that except Lorenzo and Roman since...." He trailed off, but I knew who he meant.

I gave him a small smile. His eyes softened for a split second before turning cold again.

My eyes started to sting from the tears, which I forced back.

"Who are you, and why are you here?" Lorenzo asked, getting impatient.

"Hi Enzo, Leo, RoRo. It's been a long time." I said, looking at each one of them in the eye.

They looked even more taken back, and their cold face slipped for a bit.

"Who the fuck are you?" Roman snapped.

"I am Esmeray Morelli."

"The fuck you are! Esmeray died when she was 6, so stop fucking lying!" Lorenzo yelled.

"I am not lying. I never died, and neither did Mom. We were kidnapped."

"That's not possible. We saw the dead bodies." Emilio argued.

"Have you ever seen their faces? Did you do a DNA test to confirm that it was actually us? No. You didn't because if you did, you would have known that, it wasn't us. All of that wouldn't have happened, and we would have been with you guys all these years instead." I said, remembering all the horrible things that we went through at the hands of that monster.

"We couldn't because their bodies were completely burned," Emilio said.

"Exactly. It was all staged, and you guys brought it. You didn't think twice that it could have been a setup."

"Ok, even if it was, why should we believe anything you say? For all we know, you are a fake trying to get in our lives." Roman said.

"If you don't believe, then fine. Do a DNA test and see what that says."

"Oh, we will," Lorenzo added.

"Now, can you tell your guards to put their guns down? You're scaring him."

"Scaring who?" Emilio asked.

"Theo. He's in the car." I said, pointing to the car behind me. He motioned the guards to put their guns away, and they did.

I then slowly walked over to Theo's door and opened it. He looked terrified and confused. He was curled up on the floor.

I bent down to his level and tapped his shoulder. He looked up, relieved to see me, and then jumped in my arms.

I held him tightly and patted his back. "It's ok. They are not going to hurt you. I will never let them hurt you." I whispered in his ear softly.

"You ready to meet your brothers?" I asked, and he nodded. I put him down, and he stood beside me, holding my hand.

"Who is he?" Lorenzo asked.

"This is Theodore, our brother."

"But mom and dad didn't have any kids after Esmeray," Emilio said, confused.

"Mom and Dad didn't, but Dad and his mom did."

"Wait, you're  suggesting that Dad had a child with another woman?" Lorenzo asked.

"Yes, he did. Now, let's not discuss that out here." I said, motioning to the guards around us.

"Fine. I am calling our doctor to come and do a DNA test. Until then, let's go inside and talk." Emilio said in his business tone.

"Fine by me." I followed them inside to Emilio's office. We sat down on the couch, and he motioned for me to explain.

I took my headphones and put them on Theo. I play a movie on my phone for him to watch.  I then turned back to them and started speaking.

"Dad had an affair after me and mom supposedly died. They were seeing each other for two months before Dad was killed. Later, one of his enemies found out about Theo, so they killed his mom and kidnapped him when he was little."

"Wait, how do you know that dad was killed? It was kept hidden and covered up." Lorenzo asked.

"Well, I did my research, and it was pretty easy to find out honestly. You guys should get better hackers to cover up." I said, leaning back.

There was a brief pause, then a knock on the door. Emilio said, 'Come in,' and the person came into the room. It was the doctor.

She came in, took our blood, and left to do the test. She said she would call to let us know the results.

At this point, we were all just sitting here waiting for the results. It had been two hours already, and Theo fell asleep when I was playing with his hair.

The silence was broken with a phone call. Emilio picked up. After a few seconds, he said 'thank you' and hung up.

"The results say that she is our sister, and Theo is our half-brother." He announced with a blank face.

"But how? What happened?" Lorenzo questioned.

"When me and Mom were walking back to the car, we were attacked by a group of men. She tried to fight them off, but there were too many of them. They managed to knock her out. We were then taken. They faked the accident to make it look like we both died in the explosion."

"So you and Mom have been captive the whole time?" Roman said.

"Yeah, but she was killed when we tried to escape," I said as the image of her lifeless body flashed before my eyes like it happened yesterday.

I took a deep breath, trying to get it out of my head but failing.

"How did she die?" Lorenzo asked quietly.

"She was killed when I was 12. She was beaten badly, then shot in the head right before my eyes, and I couldn't do anything to save her." I said with my head down.

I quickly wiped away a single tear that escaped my eyes. The memory of her getting killed kept playing in my head like a movie.

No one said anything. They were just in their thoughts. I carefully placed Theo's head on a pillow and walked outside the office.