Nineteen (edited)

Esmeray

I carefully walked over to the gate and peeked inside. There were two black SUVs parked in the driveway, and there was light coming out of the living room window, which was not on before.

Shit! Shit! Shit!

I quickly got my knives out since I didn't know how many of them were inside, and I didn't want to alert them about us.

"Woah! Where did you get the knives from, and what are you doing? We don't know how many people are inside. It could be dangerous, you can't go in there." Roman asked, slightly panicked and fully alerted.

"I am going inside to help them. Now, are you going to help me or not?" I asked.

"I will help you, but you have a lot of explaining to do after, and be careful." He said, taking his gun out.

"Not the gun. We don't want to alert them about us. Here, take this." I say, tossing him one of my knives. "Be quiet and kill as many of them as you can. And DON'T GET CAUGHT OR GET IN MY WAY. Got it?" I said in my cold business tone.

"Yes, ma'am."

We quietly climb over the gate and make our way to the house while hiding behind the bushes. We climb up to his balcony and sneak inside.

We carefully check the room and peek outside the door to see four men standing by the stairs.

"Do you have another gun and more knives in here?" I asked.

"Yeah, in my closet. Hold on." He quickly got another gun and some knives for us. We quickly strapped them on.

"I am going to go out from my room, and you go  out from here when I signal you," I said, before going to the balcony and hopping to mine.

I quickly check my room and peek out. They were all looking down, and it was dark so they couldn't see us. I signaled for Rome to attack.

I quickly and quietly sliced the two guards' throats and slowly put them on the ground without making any noise. I looked over to Rome and saw that he had killed the other two guards.

He signals me that he is going to check how many people are downstairs. I gave him a nod and went to check the rest of the top floor.

After I was done checking, I went over to the stairs and crouched down to stay hidden. I look around to see Roman taking out some of the guards downstairs, and as I am about to go join him, he gets caught.

Oh my god! The one thing I told him not to do. Is it that hard not to get caught?

I could hear the leader laugh, and then he pointed his gun at Roman's head. "I know you are here. Come out come out from wherever you are, or he dies." He said in a sing-song way.

Eww! He has a horrible tune. My poor ears!

I could hear my family's muffled protests coming from the living room.

"I will give you three seconds to come out, or I kill him." He continued.

I quickly got my gun out and shot the remaining seven men, leaving only the leader alive. I then walk out of hiding and stand in front of him.

I heard my family protesting, but I ignored them for now. I smirk when I see who is holding a gun to Roman's head.

"There you are! Nice to see you again." He said with an evil chuckle.

"I would say otherwise."

"Boss, send his love. He wants you to know that he is coming for you."

I laugh. A good laugh. He looks at me like I am a crazy psychopath.

That's because you are crazy! Psychopath, maybe.

Shut up!

"Oh no! I am so scared! What will I do now?" I say in a mocking tone and laugh. "Скажи ему, что я иду за ним, и он должен следить за своей спиной. До свидания, сука." I shot him right between the eyes, and he fell to the ground with a loud thud.
(Tell him that I am coming for him, and he should watch his back. Goodbye, bitch.)

I quickly walk over to Theo and cut him loose. He was behind Emilio as he had moved in front of him so he wouldn't see any of the fighting and blood, but he could hear everything.

He was sobbing and shaking in fear. I hugged him and rocked him side to side. He held on to me for dear life, like I would disappear.

"It's ok. I am here. You are safe now. No one is going to hurt you. Ssshh," I whispered to him softly while rubbing his back.

Soon, he calmed down and fell asleep. He must have been exhausted from all the crying, and it was 5 in the morning when he was usually asleep. I picked him up and held him close to me. His head was on my shoulder, and his arms around my neck.

I walk over to Rome and look him over for any injuries. Then I smack him in the head, careful not to wake Theo up.

"Oww! What was that for?" He whined.

"What did I tell you?" I asked sternly but in a low voice.

"To not get caught." He said, looking down like a scolded toddler.

"And what did you do?"

"Get caught."

"Exactly."

"Ok, I am sorry. He came out from nowhere." He protested.

"Oh really? I saw you. He was right in front of you, idiot. You could have gotten killed." I scolded.

"Sorry." He said with a pout.

God, he looks like a child. Who could tell that this is a grown-ass mafia man?

I shook my head and turned to see my whole family staring at me intently. Oh! I forgot about them for a second.

"I know you have a lot of questions, but now is not the time. I will answer them after we get somewhere safe. We need to move this place is not secure anymore. Do you guys have a safe house or something?" I said.

"Yes, we do. Everyone go and pack all your necessary stuff and meet me by the front door in 15 minutes." Emilio instructed, and everyone nodded.

I walked over to Theo's room and put him down on his bed. I got a duffel bag and put all his necessities in it. I also put his favorite blanket and stuffed animal. As I was about to pick him back up to go to my room, Lorenzo came in saying, he would stay with him while I packed my stuff.

I quickly went to my room and packed all my necessities. I went back to Theo's room to get him. Lorenzo offered to take our bags so I could carry Theo.

We all got into two SUVs and started our journey to the safe house. Emilio was driving the car with me, Theo, Enzo, Rome, and Cyrus, while Uncle Karl was driving the other car, with the rest of them.  Me and Theo were in the front seat since it was the two of us.