Goodbyes

(Terzo x Omega)
CW: panic attack

"Even when I'm gone, I'll always be with you" Terzo held Omega in his arms until his time was up.

Terzo had just come out of a meeting with his father, Nihil and seestor imperator. They informed him that his death date would be in two days and he should start saying his goodbyes. Terzo knew he should've knew this was coming, first they killed his eldest brother Primo. Then they killed Segundo and someday they would kill the cardinal. But even so, he still wasn't ready. We wasn't ready to die he wasn't ready to not be papa, he wasn't ready to not play in the band, but most of all he wasn't ready to leave his mate.

Terzo and omega had only been an official couple for a few weeks but he had grown attached and wads not ready to let go. Terzo entered his room and saw omega laying on his bed scrolling through social media. "Hi mío caro" Terzo said, sadness present in his speech. "Hey are you ok?" Omega sat his phone down, pulling Terzo on top of him so his chest was resting on his own. Terzo just laid there, tears beginning to fall from his eyes. "I'm so sorry amore." Terzo said, nuzzling further into omegas chest. "What are you sorry for?" If omega wasn't concerned before, he sure was now. Terzo began to hyperventilate, more tears streaming down his face. Omega quickly sat them up and helped him get throwing his panic attack. "Let it all out, it's going to be ok." Omega rubbed circles on his back, occasionally kissing the top of his head until Terzo calmed down.

Once Terzo had come out of his panic attack, Omega tried to see if he could get Terzo to tell him what was the matter. "Do you want to talk about it?" Omega whispered quietly into his ear. Terzo began to speak quietly, his voice still raspy from crying. "Nihil and seestor have given me my death date, and it's in two days." Omega's eyes widened, he was taken aback. "No! No they can't do this to you I won't let them!" At this point he was seething, why would they do this to him. Terzo pulled omega into a hug. The two stayed this way for as long as it took to come to terms with the situation.

The next day Terzo and omega spent the whole day together. They went shopping, they went to a movie, they had lunch together, they did so many things in their limited amount of time. That night was spent with omega holding onto Terzo, whispering nothings into his ear while he slept, Omega never once letting himself fall asleep or letting go. The next day was Terzo's last day before he was executed and he was painfully aware of it. All he wanted to do was spend time in his lovers arms and never let go, but omega had other plans.

Omega was grieving hard, but he knew he had to be strong for Terzo. So he decided he was going to make today special for him. Omega got up early and made breakfast in bed for Terzo. Omega opened the door with his shoe, seeing Terzo half asleep, holding a pillow. "Good morning my love, I brought you breakfast" omega smiled, he wasn't the best cook but he did his best. Terzo quickly ate the food, setting the tray down next to him and attempting to pull omega back into bed with him. Omega chuckled, he knew he wanted today to be special but it was also about Terzo and it was his last day after all so if he wanted to cuddle all day, that's what they would do.

It was now Terzo's death date and there were only a few hours left until he was set to die. Terzo had already said goodbye to his ghouls and was now saying goodbye to his lover. The time of his execution was getting close and they both knew it. Omega held Terzo in his arms, tears spilling down his cheeks. "I don't want you to go." Omega managed to get out in between sobs. Terzo sat up, cupping his lovers face in his hands. "I want you to know something" Terzo said switching their position so he was now holding onto Omega. "Even when I'm gone, I'll always be with you" Terzo held Omega in his arms until his time was up. As Terzo was being dragged away he whispered to omega "I love you forever,   tesoro." Even though the last time they would ever see each other was when Terzo was being dragged to his death, Omega was happy knowing Terzo truly loved him.

797 words

A/N: I actually cried writing this. But I promise the next one will be happier (and for anyone who actually reads these can you give me some ship  suggestions for future chapters?)